Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body fat % is not accurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My body fat reading seemed pretty accurate when I initially tried the scales about 23% now I’m getting a reading of about 11%? How do I re-calibrate? I’ve tried taking out the batteries.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

In September mine did the same thing only opposite.  I went from 14 to 24 overnight and it has been that way ever since. I want the14% back.  Like you I am a runner and biker and exercise everyday. Do not weigh much so. I think the 14  is more accurate. Let me know if you get a solution. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anth33 @RitaAlt Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales are not providing accurate body fat readings. Please restart your scales again and re-calibrate them by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourselves 5 times in a row.

As an aside note, make sure that your scales are placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on them barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome guys! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me too. Mine has jumped way high despite me actually losing weight and doing strength training. I know it's not accurate. I've done the reset and it didn't correct the problem. I'm ordering a different scale because the Aria is inaccurate and very frustrating. I'm disappointed that I spent so much money on it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Received my Aria 2 as a Christmas present as an incentive to sort myself out fitness and health wise, I am most disappointed with the performance of the scales as its sold as a premium product at the top end. Surely with the resources the 'Fitbit' product team have I should not have to take out the batteries and then program again. Since the 26th Dec I have done this 4 times, 2 frozen scales, 1 not recognising any users and the final one the body fat reading all over the place. We the users are solving 'Fitbit' issues or should I say providing a 'work around'. I'm using a Samsung watch/ Samsung health app linked to 'My Fitness Pal' and then to Fitbit scales. I was going ditch the watch and phone app in favour of a Fitbit watch/device making it simple. No confidence in the products I'm afraid, please tell you marketing/product department.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on my scale and gave it to my daughter. I purchased a RENFRO
scale for $30 from Amazon and absolutely love it. I wish I had found this
scale before I had wasted my money on the Aria. I'm also regretting asking
for the Versa for Christmas. Everyone else got smartwatches, and I'm
jealous lol. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@staciy76 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the experience that you had with your Aria 2 and I'm also sorry that you decided to return it. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@KP0902 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is providing inaccurate body fat readings and it's not recognizing your users even though you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps. Due to this, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes