Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body fat% not working on my Aria Air scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a new Aria Air scale about two weeks ago. The weight sinks ok but the Body fat% does not. I am getting just two lines (--) in the place the body fat% should be displayed. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm afraid you can't. The Aria Air is the budget model in the Aria range and doesn't track body fat. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fitbit_products#Fitness_tracker_comparison

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I'm afraid you can't. The Aria Air is the budget model in the Aria range and doesn't track body fat. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fitbit_products#Fitness_tracker_comparison

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which model should I have purchased?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Aria 2 is the latest version and gives body fat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aria 2 isnt in the store.. when i searched it says discontinued

Best Answer

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. I bought the only one available in June of 2022. and it states: 

Get a more complete picture of your health with Fitbit Aria Air™, an easy-to-use smart scale that displays your weight and syncs it to the Fitbit app where you can view BMI, track trends over time and more.

I can't view the BMI

Best Answer

@Mamashe BMI is different from your body fat. BMI is a simple calculation based on your height and weight but your body fat percentage requires the scales to have the necessary sensor.

Best Answer

Oddly enough I weighed myself today and my Aria Air scales showed my body fat percentage

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the new scale only do weight and BMI. Don't see on the app for a BMI reading or on the scale. Maybe I need to update it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20220725-201355.png

The screenshot above shows what I'm talking about.

I have the most recent version of the Android app which I suspect has a calculation for getting the body fat percentage from the BMI. The reason I say this is the Aria Air scales, apparently, lacks the sensor in it to measure body fat percentage.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow to see if it does the same thing and report back.

Best Answer

I will also look at mine. Thanks

Best Answer

Really? Any idea how? I only see — and I would be very disappointed to know that body fat is not Shown on aria air

------

I have apple app and hope you can tell me something in this sense? Could a new version of the app solve the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked the first time I used it and never since.  The scale is capable of showing it, but it's clearly disabled.  You can see the fat label as well as the bmi on the screen of the scale.  They just don't highlight.  Body fat is more important to me than weight so this scale is a major disappointment 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone. 

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. 

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes