Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sync my Aria with a mobile as a hotspot

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.

I am going to buy fit bit aria but some people say it should be connected to home wifi broadband. I i don't have a broadband connection so can i use my mobile hotspot. Thanks.

Aryan.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Well @Fitstar6 it doesnt connect to broadband, it connects to uour WiFi. Your wifi needs to be connected to the internet.

Before younpirchsse your Aria please chevk and make sure that it can connect to your router.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1154

Best Answer

I am not understanding what you are saying. I am asking that can I connect my aria to mobile hotspot?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure you can connect the Aria to your mobile Hotspot, this hotspot will become your router. You will need to look at the link i posted to learn how to setup your hotspot so the Aria can comunicate with it.

Best Answer

ThanksSmiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitstar6 Thanks for participating in the Community! In addition to the information that my friend @Rich_Laue provided, I would like to share the Aria's manual so you can get familiar with the functions and you can get the most out of it.

I'll be around if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can not! Mobile hotspot is just a temp signal, you need a wifi router with 802.11b protocol to set your aria, otherwise you will NOT be able to set it up

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can use a mobile hotspot, you just need to make sure that it is turned on when taking a reading of your weight.

Yes the hotspot like any other router needs to be configured with the right protocol. The scale needs to be configured to comunicate with the hotspot.

Best Answer

I had this issue too. Fought it for days. Had to give up Fixed WiFi and was trying to us iPhone Hot Spot. Failed to sync over and over. The issue was the SSID name. NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS! This includes a space! IPhone will automatically put iPhone name with a space in the name.Rename your iPhone without any character or space and BINGO! Success! There is no reason a 70 year old man should have to learn this. Somebody Fix This! Three years of complaints and nada!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PR6252 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I really understand how you feel about this.

I also appreciate the information you shared above and your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual and I'll be happy to assist you!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the company really listened to their customers feedback then you would think that there wouldn't be so many frustrated customers year after year with the same problems and endless run around of solutions that don't really work. I don't see any sign of the "keep improving". How can you prove that you "really understand how we feel about this"? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it work using mobile hotspot? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 
In the start when I bought the scale it did work but after the first update (and all later updates) I couldn’t get it to work anymore (both iOS and Android phones didn’t work).

After trying it over and over again I decided to donate the scale to someone with a stable WiFi at home. 
Tried it again recently, still doesn’t work so I don’t think it will ever work again 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and the ‘no special

character’ thing a previous commenter suggested didn’t work with my phone/my husbands phone/a friends phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To attach an Aria scale to a phones hotspot will take two phones. 

Turn your hotspot on.

Get another phone

Install the Fitbit app

Attach this phone to your phones hotspot and setup the scale.

Log out of the Fitbit app on the borrowed phone.

Before stepping on the scale turn your hotspot on. 

Best Answer

I have the same challenge. Currently considering to buy Fitbit Aria 2 scale but I have no WiFi at home, and must run this scale by my phone hotspot. 

Is this issue still stand?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my post directly above yours @Soude .

That is if you can find an Aria 2 or buy the Aria Air which only syncs through the phones bluetooth 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich, can you send me the link you mention please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never mentioned a link, I posted the instructions above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes