Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a second user to my Aria 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to add a second user to my Aria 2. I invite them to join on the fitbit app but then nothing happens. Where should the invite appear on my second users app?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

After talking with support, they said it’s a known issue and they walked us through doing the process via PC.  Apparently, the app times out and does not sync. 

On the positive, support was very sympathetic and extremely helpful.

Yep, a “work around” by support is not the same as fixing the issue. Fitbit’s support are saints to take on all these bugs with the product. At least they invest in that.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@lexi83 - appreciate your input in this thread. Have all your Aria 2 users received your invite? 

@Ceizure - Glad you were able to send your invitations, I've not heard of the app timing out resulting in the invite not being sent, but have passed this information on to our team. 

@Millburn - Are you still having issues? I'm sending a PM for further information.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I was the originator of this thread, and I still can't get anywhere with adding a second user. It seems that my request to add never gets sent. It doesn't go to junk mail either. From the app or a computer, the request never comes through on the second user's end to accept.

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@djmfam It looks like our emails may be flagged as spam and not being received. I am sending you a PM with further instructions. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

We have now given up on adding a second user to Aria 2. My wife and I have same weight and what ever we have tried, it ends up in a big mess. We manage to get to users, and then suddenly one is gone and both user are the same. Aria 2 is now declared a single user scale in our home.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a lot of trouble getting my samsung s7 android to set up a new aria2 and for someone who is tech savy it is pretty frustrating! Anyway we finally got it to work on an iphone and completed the setup and using the iphone to send an invite to the s7. Clicking the "accept invite" on the email launches the fitbit app and takes me to the notifications section but nothing happens! Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elbil, are you adding the 2nd user by using the Invitation procedure, or buy trying to add the Aria 2 to the 2nd phone app?  The latter will not work, and will wipe out the first user. You must use the process of sending an invitation to the 2nd user, and when that user accepts the invitation (on a computer, not the app), that user will be added to the scales.

@squasher66, instead of using the phone app to accept the invitation, use a computer - that will add the 2nd user to the scales.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
My wife added me as the second user and she could see us both. But when I
connected to the scale her measurements got my name on them, together with
my measurements. The scale with her name got lost. We are both the same
weight. Aria 2 is not work problem free in this situation. Not a product
for mulit users.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that worked and was a pretty straight forward process! cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK. So my wife added me from her fitbit app and I got an Email invite. I
was logged into the fitbit.com, and answered the invite Email from my PC
(not my smartphone) gmail account. Still says Pending in my wifes app.
Stepped on the scale. Marked X when my wifes user came up , and then it
said GUEST on the scale. Tried again. This time my user symbol came up and
I selected Check for it. The 4 hours later I tried again. Now only my
wifes symbol comes up. Even tried with some extra weight. Always only my
wifes symbol. No options any more. When she finds out tomorrow....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my wife set up as second user, after timely support from Katefitbit helping by computer. The system (aria2 and iphone app) worked fine for about a week. One evening, I switched my phone to airplane mode for privacy, and then switched airplane mode off the next morning. After, when 2nd user weighed, my weight shows up on 2nd user app! When I weigh in as primary I am now a guest! Also, second user weight has become un-private when looking at list of "recent weigh-ins" (under aria2). Both primary and second users are listed as installed - the data is scrambled!

Also, the scale acts funky after carefully moving it away from the wall to weigh, so I can bend my head to read what it is doing (am not picking up or storing sideways). Owners manual states "up to two consecutive weigh-ins will then be required before your scale is recalibrated and again displays consistently accurate measurements". I think the aria2 is very sensitive!

Also, annoying - a list of many "cookies" are added when using this app! Not what I expected after reading fit bit's  "privacy" fine print!

product manual:

under CAUTION, 

"your scale will receive automatic firmware updates. Allow these occasional updates to complete prior to use"...I am hoping it is true!

Waiting!

Best Answer

You should be able to go to your connected devices (through your account settings, on my android its very top of screen on right) through fitbit app and tell aria that the "guest" is you. It happened to me this morning, once i marked it as me it showed up on the fitbit dashboard.

Best Answer
In my app I was able to move the measurements from my wife to myself this
morning. Would be better if I could have selected on the scale. So in a way
it works. But for how long? Seems to be an uregent need for software
updates on scale and apps. When can we expect something that is easy to
understand and stable?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, on iphone too, but why did it not recognize you correctly by your data history.

And as in our case, it should not be inserting the wrong persons data to dashboard. Our weight and fat history data is very different! Only option is to delete (in dashboard and in "recent weigh-ins" inside aria2) and weigh again. 2nd user became frustrated after 3 weigh attempts and added a manual entry in dashboard. This is not operator error!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have had aria2 for about a month now and once we got it up and running (which was a feat in and of itself!) We have rarely had it call us a guest. it's the first time for me and I it happened with my husband once or twice. Have had no other issues. Hope it gets straightened out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Millburn not entirely sure what's going on with your weight. It doesn't seem like switching the phone to airplane mode would cause confusion with who the scale is weighing. Are you seeing an icon like the one mentioned in this article? Otherwise, you should reassign any incorrect weight assignment to the correct person. The scale is sensitive when moved I agree, it's not uncommon to see a small variance it weight when stepping on it multiple times. 

@elbil  You should be able to assign the correct weight on the scale. Are you seeing an icon like the one mentioned in this article

@Not_ur_mom glad to hear the scale is working for you. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit for the most part yes. Again it logged me as a guest this morning but really only takes a half a minute to change the weigh in to me. Thanks!

Best Answer

Originally the scale was impressive for one user. 2nd user would not install. Then, moderator, Katefitbit intervened by using a computer to accept 2nd user.

Then, the system worked great for about a week.

(We had seen that article and understand about reassigning to another icon). The next problem was - 2nd user weighed, and the aria2 mis-assigned to primary user(me), without delay or confusion - there was no screen asking for an x or check; just the please step off feet icon. She reweighed 3 times with same result. We are almost 100 pounds different in size! The scale should be able to discriminate between data this different! It did not assign to "guest" that day!

Then, i opened dashboard on my phone to find 3 very wrong data points and an altered trend line on my history. (And I had not used the scale yet, that morning)

Went to Aria2 - could not reasign 3 new data lines on the "recent weigh-ins" list(which had my icon). Could only delete!

Days later, now, the scale is not repeating this any more. We downloaded a new update to the FitBit App last night. Maybe they fixed it! In looking at the App history, there have been more than 20 updates to this App! Nice to see that they are trying!

Best Answer

@Millburn Strange, I have not heard of this before, the scale is usually able to tell the difference after assigning the weight to the correct user in subsequent weigh-ins. I'm glad to hear it's working correctly now.

Best Answer
Today on the scale I got the option to select my wife weigh-in symbol so a
X that, and then I got the option for my own weigh-in symbol, so I checked
that. SO at least today it works as I would have hoped 🙂 Looks ok in the
fit bit app too. Great product! 🙂
Best Answer