Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a second user to my Aria 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to add a second user to my Aria 2. I invite them to join on the fitbit app but then nothing happens. Where should the invite appear on my second users app?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

@elbil glad to hear it's working for you now!

Best Answer

USAF-Larry curious if you know how to solve our problem.  Husband sets up his profile for Aria2 then he sends me the email and I get it and accept the invite.  Go through process getting Aria 2 set up on my phone and take my first weigh in.  Then husband try’s to weigh himself and it shows him as a guest.  Very fustrated...Thanks for you help.  PinkyD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations, @PinkyD, on getting both set up on the scales.  To force the scales to learn the users, use the Fitbit.com Dashboard Aria 2 Settings to move the GUEST readings to your Husbands user name. This will cause the scales to learn the readings as his - it may take several more times, but like all of us it will learn.

Best Answer

My wife and I were unable to add her, as a second user, until we went on our computer. I appears that the Cell Phone App is unable to add the second user (we found this solution through the forum as well). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue. Nothing happens when i sent invite to my wife. She is not getting any kind of email or notification via mobile or PC. Her email spam folder is allso empty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jsmela Thank you for joining us in this thread! I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists or if you were able to add your wife to your Aria 2.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you use i PC when you invite.
Best Answer

@elbil Thanks for your contribution my friend! Sending an invite using a PC has helped users as well.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this issue, my invitee doesn't receive my invitations. No email seems to be sent, it's not in his junk mail folder. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HildurK, did you send the invitation from the Fitbit.com Dashboard->Settings->Aria 2->People->Invite People?

Best Answer

@HildurK Welcome to our Fitbit Community! As my friend @USAF-Larry mentioned, please make sure to send the invitations through the web-based Dashboard through a computer. After this, have your invitee to accept the invitation through a computer as well.

Let @USAF-Larry and me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Make sure you send the invite from a PC. It did not work for me from a
smartphone.
Best Answer

I got this scale and run the setup yesterday, worked perfectly,
Today I try to add a second user, after 10-20 invitations I finally succeed to invite through web browser, next problem is to activate the device in the second users profile, no device can be found.

I have searched for a solution in the forum to solve this issue but no luck,
a reset button is mentioned but there is none, or should I remove the sticker with MAC address in the battery box? 

The whole app and setup is confusing and as I understand and have experienced, there is a lot of bugs.
I guess this scale will only support one user, I can´t spend more time trying to solve this **ahem**ty application. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Johan_Sailor, you do not need to "activate" the scales on second users profile. The second user needs to log into the Fitbit.com Dashboard using their account email/password, and then accept the invitation to be on the scales.  As soon as the invite is accepted, the Aria 2 will be added to their profile.

No, do not remove the sticker for the MAC address.  You do not need to reset/restart your scales for the second use to be added.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, that worked!
Best Answer

Thanks, of some unknown reason it all started to work, sorry for not being able to contribute any help. Don't have any knowledge to share. Have tried to add a user 10-20 times before without any luck. 

Best Answer

@Johan_Sailor I'm so glad to hear that the second user could be added to your scale after sending the invitation through the web-based Dashboard. I totally understand your frustration about the Fitbit app. I appreciate your feedback about this. Please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance with your Aria or the app and I'll be happy to assist you.

@HildurK I'm also glad that the workaround mentioned above helped you to get this issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

@elbil @USAF-Larry Thank you so much guys for your contribution in this thread!

Happy Holidays to you all! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my son, who has Downs Syndrome, a fitbit and aria 2 for Christmas to help monitor his activity and weight. Because of his disability, he does not use much technology and does not have his own smart phone, computer, or email address.  I had no problems setting up his fitbit account or either device and used my laptop and my personal email to do so.  One of the reasons I chose the aria 2 for him was that multiple people can use it.  I sent myself an invite to be the 2nd user and got an error message.  After thinking about it, I realized that it was because I sent the invite to my personal email address which is the email address already associated with my son's fitbit account.  So, I deleted that invite and resent the invite to my work email address, which should not be associated with my son's account. This time the invite was sent successfully, and I did receive it.  Using the laptop that I set up his account with and that I use for both my personal and work email, I tried to accept the invite.  However, when I did it took me to his fitbit account, and a message that said, "You are trying to accept your own invitation and this will not work. Please try again with a correct invitation response URL."  Next I tried to accept from my phone which was even less successful.  From there I went to the help pages and then I found this discussion.  I saw that nobody was able to accept from their phone, but I had already tried my computer and was unsuccessful.  Thinking that the problem was that I was trying to accept the invitation from the same computer that the invitation was sent from, I once again deleted the invitation and then resent it using the app on my phone to my work email.  I received the invite and once again using my laptop to accept it, I got exactly the same response.  I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

I myself, do not have a fitbit device or account.  However, nothing I've read says that is a requirement to be invited as a 2nd user, nor does the message received when I accepted the invitation indicate that my be an issue.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roberts_Mom Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I truly apologize for the late response. However, I want to follow up on this issue and would like to know if the issue persists, or if you and your son have your own users in order to use the Aria 2.

Looking forward to your response!

Best Answer

Many times you are not getting the invitation email, because Fitbit's system is down. I was on the phone with Fitbit support and after 30 minutes their system came back up and I deleted the old invitation and sent a second one which was immediately received. Before clicking on the invitation, make sure you are on a PC and logged in to the account that you have invited.

Best Answer