Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add wife to Aria 2 scale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have gone through the support forums here and honestly it makes me feel a bit like I'm being gaslit. When we follow the exact instructions on the app (during the initial setup/pairing of the Aria 2, or afterward) to add a user, when we should be seeing an 'invite more users' screen where you add the person's e-mail, the app instead -- hilariously, frustratingly -- just closes.

There also doesn't appear to be any way to perform your Aria 2 'invite more people' via the FitBit website. Are we out of luck? Is Google/FitBit just done supporting this product?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @challer and @weelynse. @SunsetRunner Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@challer and @weelynse Thanks for getting back with more details. Because your posts didn't mention, may I know if you've tried every step shared in my previous post? If that's correct and you still get the error message please take a screenshot and attach it to your reply. Additionally, if you're also having issues with the Fitbit app, provide me with the model and OS version of your phone. These details will help me to further investigate.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

P.S. 

To be clear, when we are following the instructions on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Y5ueLW8TI&t=0s

At the 28 second mark, we never see that screen on the FitBit app. The app simply closes (disappears from the screen).

Follow along as I show you how to invite others to use your Fitbit Aria 2 scale. The Fitbit Aria 2 scale can support and recognize up to 8 different users. How to Accept a Fitbit Aria 2 Invite ➜ https://youtu.be/nWETWRrxeO0 ============================== Subscribe to get notified of new videos ...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've managed to get the website login to send the invite to my friend that I want to add to my scale, but when they click the link on the invite email which they received, it takes them to a fitbit webpage that says, "Sorry, that page is following a different trail. Since it's unavailable, step over to one of these instead" and then it offers you the main fitbit homepage where you can buy fitbit products, or to another fitbit blog page telling you all about the latest products you can buy!!

Fitbit please resolve this so that we can use your products and make them worth having

Best Answer

Did you find a solution to this? We are having the same issue. I can get to the invite screen and I can see my wife as a Fitbit user but there is no invite button and if I type her email address in there is no prompting to send the invite. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve found no answer to this and FitBit support as reported this bug to their development team. However, there is no telling when it will be fixed.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting ready, quickly, to find another product. Having issues connecting my wife’s fit bit and my account to Aria Air at the same time. Didn’t have that issue with Aria. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I don’t have any suggestions I could recommend along these lines. Chiefly because as you can see from my initial post, this is something which should work and is advertised as working, yet it does not work as it should.

My reservation in suggesting another product is that this scenario might also just as easily be seen with other products that are advertised as having this feature, and yet the feature does not function as advertised.

😞

Hopefully that makes sense. I will keep everyone here posted if I hear back from FitBit Support that this issue has been fixed, although I suspect some of you all may know when it’s fixed before I do, as some of you are likely going to try using the feature, whereas I’ve given up on trying to get this feature working (for now).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand and thanks for the follow up. We didn't experience this issue
with our originally purchased but out of support Aria. I thought it was
odd that something so simple was overcomplicated. I would think that every
household would expect this functionality.

Jerry
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information, as well as your efforts while working on this situation. I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry you're having this experience. Because this shouldn't be happening, may I know the model and OS version of your phone? Have you made sure to have the Fitbit app updated?

In the meantime, let's try using the website one more time. Please give a try to the following steps in the given order:

1. Log out from your account.
  2. Clear cache and cookies from your browser.
  3. Restart the browser.
  4. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon then your scale.
  5. Click the People tab.
  6. Click the pink Invite People button and enter the email address of the person you want to add to the scale. If that person has a Fitbit account, use the email address that they use with Fitbit.
Best Answer
When my wife follows the instructions and is invited, as other people in the thread have mentioned, it sends her to a URL that a a dead end, so that she is unable to accept the invitation.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @challer 

I have seen individuals have difficulty and unable to accept the invitation going through their mobile device to accept it. I’m not sure why that is or how to fix that issue but I do know some individuals have success if they go through a computer to accept the invitation. If your able (or have access too) it might help. 

Best Answer
I’m finding it’s the Fitbit website that goes to a dead end…. I’m using my computer.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Likewise. When we use the mobile app or access the website on a laptop to accept the invite, we hit a dead end.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there, @challer and @weelynse. @SunsetRunner Thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@challer and @weelynse Thanks for getting back with more details. Because your posts didn't mention, may I know if you've tried every step shared in my previous post? If that's correct and you still get the error message please take a screenshot and attach it to your reply. Additionally, if you're also having issues with the Fitbit app, provide me with the model and OS version of your phone. These details will help me to further investigate.

Best Answer

These steps work on my end. The issue now seems to be with the second user accepting the invite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if something changed on FitBit’s end, but if we do everything exactly as you prescribed and she logs in, and then accepts the invite, it works. It doesn’t work at all via the app, mind you, so this isn’t entirely user error. There’s still stuff to fix on your end in that regard.

But inviting from the desktop browser and accepting from the desktop browser seems to be working now.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi there, @challer.

That's great news! I'm glad you and your wife were able to add the Aria 2, and thanks for using the website. Let me share that there is an issue with the iOS Fitbit app crashing which has been reported to our team, and it seems you were also affected by this situation. While our team is working on a fix, I'm sorry you had this experience. Please know your feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll help us to keep them informed of this situation. For any updates about this issue, check this thread.

Thanks again for all your efforts and don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

we have done all this and got as far as my husband accepting and the scale syncing on his Fitbit but when he stands on the scales it says 

Your weight can’t sync to this Fitbit account , scale has been reset or wasn’t set up properly.  Then takes me eventually to start setting up which states it’s not my account. 
I’m at a loss and appear to be going round in circles. 

Please help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have the same issue we got this brand new to replace an aria 2 that had the wifi die.

The only way I got it to work was do a factory reset and start again. But I still think something is wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Lizzy. Anything new info about adding more than one person to our Aria 2 scale? I have the same problem mentioned here and tried everything you suggest. 

Best Answer