Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change WIFI address on Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to complete the process of switching my Aria over to my new WIFI router. 

I am able to get through all the steps up until just after connecting to the Aria’s own WIFI. 

After clearly connecting to the Aria WIFI address (Aria BA12B), I return to the browser page and click on “I’m connected.” At that point the following URL appears in the navigation bar: “1.scale.www.fitbit.com”

At this point, the process gets stalled. The page tries to load indefinitely, to no avail.

There’s one other detail that’s bugging me. When I’m in the Fitbit app settings page on my phone and click on the Fitbit Aria device, then click on the Wi-Fi Network, I get the page indicating that the device is connected to my old network, along with the instructions on how to change the network. However, when I click on the highlighted URL (“Visit: http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup”) I am taken to the page that says, “Success! You’ve connected your scale to Fitbit.com. Etcetera...”

The only way I can get to the Fitbit login page to complete the steps I mention at the beginning is by clicking on the little Safari logo on the very bottom right of the “Success” page. I’m not sure if this detail is relevant. But something somewhere in the chain is inhibiting the communication between the devices. 

Please advise!

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

I am also having this exact same problem!!! Can someone help us?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CWintonR @Dddeb Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup difficulties you've experienced with your Aria scales. Thank you for adding the steps that you've followed.

I would like you both to let me know the following details: Are your scales displaying any error message? Do your routers run the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz (which are the required settings for the Aria connectivity?)" These details can be consulted with your Internet service provider. Finally, what is the make and model of your routers?

As an addition note, please make sure that you guys are following the setup process as described in this help article.

Looking forward to your responses! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - Here are the answers to your questions:

1) There was no error message on the Aria. It just kept scrolling the “Setup Active” dialog. 

2) I’m not sure about the protocol 802.11b, but we’re on the ATT network and I suspect it is standard. Yes, bandwidth is 2.4GHz.

3) Make and model of the router: 

Pace Plc
Model 5268AC

4) Yes, I have been following precisely the instructions on your help page. 

Let me know if you need any additional info! 

Thanks much

Actually, I’ve been thinking about your questions and I think they may be missing the point. The issue is not related to problems connecting to my new router. The problem occurs when my phone is trying to connect to the Aria’s own WIFI signal. To reiterate:

I get to the step where my phone successfully connects to the Aria’s WIFI, but the Aria never responds. Therefore, I am NOT able to input the new routers address and password. So the new router can not be part of the problem. The issue is strictly between the Aria and my phone via an attempted connection to the Aria’s own WIFI signal.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CWintonR Thank you for getting back and providing the details! Since the issue persists, let me send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I’m having the exact same issue. Is there a solution you can share here or do I need to contact support too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msmaryt Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing setup issues with your Aria scale.

Please follow the steps that are included in this help article in order to connect your Aria scale to a new network.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit Thanks but I’ve done all of those steps. As @CWintonR outlined above, I can activate the aria WiFi connection but the process stalls then and I am unable to get to the next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msmaryt Thank you for getting back! I would like to know if you get any error message during the setup process. Also, please make sure that your new router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and the WiFi password is alphanumerical only and contains less than 31 characters.

These details can be verified with your Internet service provider's help department so they can guide you how to change to these settings.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no error message and I it’s not a problem with my router In since I never get that far the problem happens when my phone is trying to connect to the Aria’s own WIFI signal. 

I get to the step where my phone successfully connects to the Aria’s WIFI, but the Aria never responds. Therefore, I am NOT able to input the new routers address and password. So the new router can not be part of the problem. The issue is strictly between the Aria and my phone via an attempted connection to the Aria’s own WIFI signal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm at my wits end. Tried all the recommended advice, and the only thing my Aria will do after the "battery for 10 seconds" is show the old network, and then "tap to change" - but when you tap...it just goes blank and thats it! Help!@!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msmaryt Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@ikimpt Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your network either. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router and let me know if you get any error message when setting up your Aria. This will help me to determine the cause of the issue.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as the others. Have gone through the setup process. I get to the part where I'm in Scale Setup and have connected to the Aria Network on my phone. The scale says "Setup Active" for some time, but the website eventually times out then says "Set Up Didn't Complete". I've tried a few times with the same results. My new router specs meet the requirements (I checked). (Linksys Max-Stream AC 1750 MU-MIMO  Gigabit Router)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue as many of you but realized what I was doing wrong...

YOU HAVE TO DO THE SETUP COMPLETELY FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE/MOBILE DEVICE WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR FITBIT APP.

If you're logging onto your Fitbit account from another machine (desktop browser, etc.) and trying to complete the setup process there, it won't work. You need to access the https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup from your phone's browser - the same device where you use your FitBit app. When I did this, it worked just fine.

Best Answer

I did that. It didn’t work. That’s how I initially had the problem. Then tried it from my iPad via the web browser. Same result. Failure to connect directly to the Aria when it has entered Setup mode. 

Best Answer

@JSRoss Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the late response. However, I'd want to follow up on this issue and would like you try and follow the great troubleshooting steps that shared @JesseTNC. Let us know if this resolves the issue.

@CWintonR Since the issue persists. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they reached you via email in order to follow up with this issue. Please check out your email account in order to see if you received their email.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ma having the same problem. Did you ever fix it?? I haved tried around 10 times and am giving up. 

Best Answer

@Mongas Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up on the setup issues that your Aria scale is experiencing.

Please let me know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue:

- Is your Aria displaying any error message during the setup process?

- What is the make and model of your router?

- Is your router running the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz? (These details can be reviewed with your Internet service provider.

Looking forward to your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support will just give you endless run around and they will just wait for you to get frustrated and give up. They make you try solutions that never even work. I can't tell you how many times I was told to take out the batteries and how much time I wasted getting my service provider to check all the settings. The scale is not built to last and the company must just pray that it breaks after the warranty is up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this issue now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes