Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change WIFI address on Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to complete the process of switching my Aria over to my new WIFI router. 

I am able to get through all the steps up until just after connecting to the Aria’s own WIFI. 

After clearly connecting to the Aria WIFI address (Aria BA12B), I return to the browser page and click on “I’m connected.” At that point the following URL appears in the navigation bar: “1.scale.www.fitbit.com”

At this point, the process gets stalled. The page tries to load indefinitely, to no avail.

There’s one other detail that’s bugging me. When I’m in the Fitbit app settings page on my phone and click on the Fitbit Aria device, then click on the Wi-Fi Network, I get the page indicating that the device is connected to my old network, along with the instructions on how to change the network. However, when I click on the highlighted URL (“Visit: http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup”) I am taken to the page that says, “Success! You’ve connected your scale to Fitbit.com. Etcetera...”

The only way I can get to the Fitbit login page to complete the steps I mention at the beginning is by clicking on the little Safari logo on the very bottom right of the “Success” page. I’m not sure if this detail is relevant. But something somewhere in the chain is inhibiting the communication between the devices. 

Please advise!

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

Hey Rich_Laue, were you able to get your Aria scale to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner you and I are the only ones not having issues. 

The question is did @CWintonR. @Woody386. @Miriniki@meg2meg. @Dddeb and @msmaryt. get their scales setup? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here I thought you were the one that had issues because you were the only person that asked questions. Oh well, nice to know all is good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! All is not good yet. I too didn’t get great help/advice from customer service so will try the tips mentioned when I am back home.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it's no doubt that FB's canned responses and apparent throw-in-the-towel attitude mixed with Aria's convoluted set-up process is not helping anyone and frustrating to say the least. I am happy to help if I can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue as well! My scale says setup active and I get to the point where the aria wifi is trying to locate networks and it just spins.  Aria wifi is not connecting to the scale.  I've tried on 2 computers and 2 phones.  NO luck.  Please help!  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gone through all the steps I posted in this thread? You must first ensure your ethernet is disconnected before starting and that your wifi connection on your computer from which your wifi emmanates is truly connected. From there you can go through each step I posted in this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!  Thank you @SunsetRunner !  I used to do this once every 6 months and now it's not letting me.  I get to the image I've posted and it just sits there.  The first time I tried on the computer, I got the wifi networks to show up but when I put in the password it did nothing.  Maybe I had the wrong password. But it has never shown the networks again since retrying.  I've been working on this for hours.  It's about to be dumped in the trash.  The scale when turned on says "hi v39 setting active".  It doesn't go through the whole scrolling of what wifi it is currently using now and tap to change.  Thanks for checking in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you have disconnected your ethernet cord from your computer, you should go to your cellphone and
1. Log in to your fitbit account on your cellphone
2. Type in the url www.fitbit.com/scale/setup in the url window on your cellphone
IMG_3340.jpg

3. After entering the URL, you should be at fitbit.com "Personalize Your Scale" page where you give your scale a name and enter your initials. (Must have 3 initials. If you don't have 3 initials, make them up.) Then press "Continue."

4. After pressing "Continue" you should then see the "Put scale in setup mode" page where you must: 
Remove 1 battery and wait 10 seconds.
 Return battery and close cover. Flip scale over to see the setup message: "SETUP ACTIVE" followed by WI-FI (your WI-FI network name) and then you see "TAP TO CHANGE" on the scale screen.

5. Here you must move quickly. When the scale says "TAP TO CHANGE" make sure the scale is on a flat surface. I put in on my desk then leaned on it with both hands quickly before the "TAP TO CHANGE" instruction disappeared. (Note: Don't lean on it too long, or it will switch to a weighing mode.) If you see the weighing mode asking you to "STEP OFF," you must restart from taking out the battery to switch back to the setup mode. If you have done the "TAP TO CHANGE" step correctly, you will see the "SETUP ACTIVE" screen on your scale.
You can now press "Continue"

Let's see if you can get to this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! Finally! I was able to go through the steps, have it forget the network and then do it again and it seemed to work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that too and it didn't work.  So, I turned off my computer after forgetting the network and started over and it worked.  I ended up getting a new scale (RENPHO) in the meantime after HOURS spent. So now I have 2.  The RenPho actually syncs with Fitbit and it was under $30.  Wish I knew that before I started messing with the Aria.  It would of been trash early on. HA!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msmarytBy "forget your network" do you mean you had to delete your old wifi connection from your computer?

In other news... Yaay! So happy for you! I'm glad it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jojo_rudolphWell, the method of connecting to Aria is nowhere near user-friendly. It took me a few tries as well, but I guess I was a bit stubborn about it. It should not take so long to connect something to wifi. Fitbit should well note that this is not the path to user retention.

Happy, at least you are able connect with whatever scale you use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if your new router only has 5GHz you will be unable to connect to the new network?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner As far as I can tell from reading through the comments about the Aria scale, it can only work with 2.4GHz band. My router uses both 5 and 2.4GHz. That said, maybe it is a range issue, have you tried moving the scale closer to your router as a test. Maybe someone from @Fitbit can help out with this question and give a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I appreciate y the response, guess I’ll just manually add weight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerThat said, maybe it is a range issue, have you tried moving the scale closer to your router as a test?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes as it is right beside it it doesn’t seem to work. It’s ok manual entry it is.

Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having this issue.  Nothing gets me past the step after I connect to the Aria WiFi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you connect to the scale. Are you able to log into the scale through your web browser? 

Best Answer
0 Votes