Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change WIFI address on Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not able to complete the process of switching my Aria over to my new WIFI router. 

I am able to get through all the steps up until just after connecting to the Aria’s own WIFI. 

After clearly connecting to the Aria WIFI address (Aria BA12B), I return to the browser page and click on “I’m connected.” At that point the following URL appears in the navigation bar: “1.scale.www.fitbit.com”

At this point, the process gets stalled. The page tries to load indefinitely, to no avail.

There’s one other detail that’s bugging me. When I’m in the Fitbit app settings page on my phone and click on the Fitbit Aria device, then click on the Wi-Fi Network, I get the page indicating that the device is connected to my old network, along with the instructions on how to change the network. However, when I click on the highlighted URL (“Visit: http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup”) I am taken to the page that says, “Success! You’ve connected your scale to Fitbit.com. Etcetera...”

The only way I can get to the Fitbit login page to complete the steps I mention at the beginning is by clicking on the little Safari logo on the very bottom right of the “Success” page. I’m not sure if this detail is relevant. But something somewhere in the chain is inhibiting the communication between the devices. 

Please advise!

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70
No I can only connect to ARIA wifi net via IPAD but for some reason when I try to rejoin my current Wifi it won’t recognize my network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it never proceeds after making the connection.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If the app does not work then try the web version. 

https://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start

Best Answer

I am having the EXACT same issue as @msmaryt  and the person you were responding to before them. I am able to connect to the Aria wifi but then the fitbit app is never able to continue on past that step, it just says “connecting” forever. I’ve tried everything!!! help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact same thing is happening to me. Can I be directed to support please? I’ve been manually inputting my weight now for months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Mamims,

I've actually chunked the aria in the trash.  Support is worthless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mamims wrote:

--- cut ---

Can I be directed to support please? I’ --- cut ---

In the top right, tap on your photo, now tap contact support. 

Or

Through the app, tap on help, then contact support. 

Or 

Look below and tap on help, then contact support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe that helps you, had the same problem.

I did two steps at the same time, so I didn't know exactly which was the answer for that problem.

Beside, I did it from my iPhone with the safari browser.

It didn't work until I did the following:

1) Scale name had always spaces, I tried it in the luck run "without" spaces. So no Names with spaces.

2) I was logged into the Fitbit app and had it in the background.

One of these steps were my solution or maybe also both. Since I think that the install routine is very crappy I think the scale name was the problem.

Good Luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @dns90 you're user manual states that thre wifi can not have spaces and must bre 2.4

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t said WiFi name isn’t it? I said scale name, the name of the aria. 

and even if that stands in the manual, also WiFi with spaces works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been struggling on this issue for some time now.

I have tried it on the computer via the web, on my phone via the web (which only directs me to the mobile app), and I have tired the mobile app.

I follow the instructions to get to Setup Active, connect the device directly to the Aria scale, and then it didn't show my networks the first time I tried it. After that first time, it stopped showing any networks (on the pc). Finally, after reading people saying they had to use their phones, I tried it from the app after removing the old save of the scale off of my account.

Now when I connect to the Aria via my phone and tell it, "I am connected to Aria" it shows me "Connecting..." forever without progress. After about 10 minutes, I lose connection to Aria and it goes back to wifi.

Going to the web address you provided did not change the outcome.

Best Answer