Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my Aria into setup mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Im having trouble with my aria and I am trying to get it back into the setup mode by taking out one battery for 10 seconds but its still not going into setup mode. Does anyone know what to do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I moved and now have a new WiFi. I followed the directions numerous times to place my scale in setup mode but it just won't work! After doing all of the steps, the scale says that my WiFi is still the one I had at my old address and to tap if I want to change; however, nothing happens when I tap! The computer program found my new WiFi and asked if that is what I want to use and allowed me to type in the new password, but nothing I do is working for the actual scale! Please help me!!!! What am I doing wrong???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lorac19662 wrote:

I moved and now have a new WiFi. I followed the directions numerous times to place my scale in setup mode but it just won't work! After doing all of the steps, the scale says that my WiFi is still the one I had at my old address and to tap if I want to change; however, nothing happens when I tap! The computer program found my new WiFi and asked if that is what I want to use and allowed me to type in the new password, but nothing I do is working for the actual scale! Please help me!!!! What am I doing wrong???

You're doing nothing wrong.
I'm having the exact same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My scale came out of the box configured to another network. None of the
suggested methods to reset worked. We found a small pinhole on the bottom
that when pressed reset the system
Best Answer

Where it says 'Tap to Change', it means STAND on the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can't get my scale to clear the former network and reset up for wifi.  is there a master reset switch somewhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the small hole on the bottom of the scale?

Best Answer

This is still an issue and the Aria scale appears to be a failure for many people, me included. I purchased one yesterday and spent the evening trying in vain to prompt the unit to enter its set-up mode. Multiple attempts at removing/replacing the battery(ies), placing palms firmly on the upper corners of the unit, pressing the tiny reset button on the bottom, all useless. The scale at one point would indicate that it was connected to wifi on "Rob's Network" (there's no such network in my immediate neighborhood), but all invitations to "tap to change" were met with no response, no matter where, how often, or how firmly I tapped. The unit also does not broadcast its "Aria network" signal.

It's going back today. What a shame, as I'd really wanted this thing to work, but, as mentioned, it's nothing more (for me) than a large paperweight. 

Best Answer

Hi  I found it worked for me after I read the instrauctions that detailed on how to 'tap' the machine after many, many tries, it was this link that worked for me https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/I-ve-made-changes-to-my-network-How-do-I-reconne...

Apparently you tap the lower corners.  This worked the second time for me.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer

I just watched a Fitbit video that showed that exact thing, pressing on the bottom corners, so I did want to give that a go. Unfortunately, it would seem that pressing the little reset button earlier this morning has now completely killed the unit. It won't even power up any more. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
Fitbit sent me a brand new unit for free. Did you contact customer support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't contacted them, but that's never a bad thought. For me, if a gizmo doesn't work fairly quickly out of the box, I'm not inclined to spend a ton of time with it. From what I read, lots of people had their scales fire up and connect without any problem, and I seem to be in the other camp of Aria buyers whose experience is negative. I got it from Best Buy, so they'll easily take it back.

Best Answer

This worked for me:

When it says "Tap to Change", press and hold down the bottom area of the scale firmly. I had the scale on my lap, had both of my hands down on the bottom of it and I leaned forward into it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

By presssing or tapping hard on the corners I got the unit to go bck into setup mode, but I was still having issues resetting the network on my PC even after I downloaded the FITBIT scale set up App. I finally was able to get it resetup by using the setup program on my iPhone. It worked the first time with issues. Now that I think about it, I had to use the iPhone scale setup App the first time I got my scale in May of 2015. The online version nor the Scale setup worked for me.

This video help me get into setup mode: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1158

By presssing or tapping hard on the corners I got the unit to go bck into setup mode, but I was still having issues resetting the network on my PC even after I downloaded the FITBIT scale set up App.

I finally was able to get it resetup by using the setup program on my iPhone. It worked the first time with issues. Now that I think about it, I had to use the iPhone scale setup App the first time I got my scale in May of 2015. The online version nor the Scale setup worked for me.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! If you're having issues while setting up your Aria, you can follow the instructions that @DwightM99 shared in the link above. Make sure that your router uses the following standars:

• Protocol "802.11 b/g/n".
  • WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security.
  • Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration are not supported).

And feel free to take a look to the Fitbit Aria Product Manual for a step by step setup process.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by "tap hard??" Do you mean step on the scale??? Pound on it with my fist?? I"m super frustrated. I cannot get set up active to show up. it jus says "tap" and I'm about to throw it out the window I'vve tapped and tapped and tapped!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I took all batteries out for 2 hours. Put them back in and got the same message. It says it is connected to my old wi-fi. To change, it says to tap the scale. Where? The round window? The flat surface of the scale? I have tapped, pushed, and held down forcefully in every area of the scale I can touch. It never changes to a set-up screen so it won't allow me to switch to my new wi-fi system, rendering the scale practically useless for wirelessly tracking my weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Iirc instead of 'tapping" the scale, try standing on it

Robin
Best Answer
0 Votes

For Aria setup, Fitbit really needs to put some sort of a button on the scale as opposed to relying upon this silly 'pull the batteries' method.  Many of us are having trouble with it (this has been a repeated problem for me.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I got it into setup mode by sticking a paper clip end into the reset hole in the bottom of the scale. It’s the only thing that could get it into setup mode.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I needed.  My scale was stuck trying to connect to the old wifi network.  Stepping on the scale once it started displaying the old wifi network did the trick!

Best Answer