Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Aria Air store body weight measurements?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I'm a new owner of Aria Air scales, having been a tracker user for several years. 

These scales really don't seem as good as i thought they would be, and seem to have a significant flaw in the steps required to measure weight.

As it's typically recommended to measure your body weight at the same time everyday, i measure mine each morning before stepping into the shower. We keep our scales in the bathroom, so this is super convenient and super easy for us.

However, it seems to be a hard and fast requirement to have my mobile with me when I weigh myself, otherwise the app won't record the result. This seems like a real flaw to me. I don't ever take my mobile into the bathroom in the morning, so don't have it with me when i'm weighing myself.

Having chatted with Fitbit support, they told me that they thought the weight results would be stored in the scale and i could open the app later in the day / week for them to sync to my FitBit account. However this doesnt seem to be the case, or at least i cant work out how to get that to work.

Does anyone know if what FitBit support suggested is possible? If so, what are the steps i should follow to make this work?

How do other Aria Air users use their scales? Am i alone in weighing myself each morning and not having my phone with me at the time?

Surely through product development and testing it would have become apparent that having the mobile in close proximity, and not having the scale store weight results, makes them no better than any other digital (cheaper) scales.

Many thanks,
Chris

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Toastlad and welcome to the Help forum.  The Fitbit app needs to be open -- the scale doesn't store weights.  Your comment about having your phone with you isn't entirely true.  The Fitbit app needs to be open and your phone needs to be in Bluetooth range.  I have my phone on a nightstand.  I weigh myself and hop in the shower.  I check when I am done.  Even though my phone has gone back to its lock screen, the weight is there when I unlock my phone.

In the case of multiple users, other users should not have their apps open.  One woman said she was getting her husband's weight on her phone when she had the app open and he weighed himself.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes