Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed batteries - changed body fat %

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed new batteries in my Aria about 2 weeks ago. Since then, my body fat % has risen from the previous range of around 35% to a consistent reading of around 48%. I have replaced the batteries previously without this happening. I have double checked my weight settings and they remain valid. What may have caused this DRASTIC change and how do I correct it?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@robkadena Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Sounds weird that your Aria scale is not tracking your body fat percentage accurately. From 35% to 48% is a huge difference. Please try taking the 4 batteries out for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times. This will re-calibrate your Aria scale.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did as you suggested - I removed all 4 batteries for more than 15 seconds and then reinstalled them. I then weighed myself 5 consecutive times with my clothes on - no change. I then weighed myself 5 more consecutive times naked - no change. I am stymied.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue.  21% before battery change.  30% after.  Swapped batteries and no change.  Why and how do I correct the readings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing just happened to me.  Up 12% after the battery change.   And this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve had to change its batteries.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue here, but with weight! Changed the batteries and immediately lost 10lb. Calibrated with a 40lb weight. Seemed to settle for a few days, but still weighed about 3 pounds lighter... today I’m down another 7 pounds. Net result is a 17lbs lighter in the 12 days since I changed the batteries. Tried recalibration with the 40lb weight this morning and 3 consistent readings of 39.1... I’ve had this scale for 5 years, have changed the batteries a handful of times and never had this issue. Help! I’ve really come to rely on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mgiamb It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community and welcome aboard @BKOcricut! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not providing accurate body fat percentage. Thank you by the way for troubleshooting this issue by replacing the batteries and re-calibrating your scale.

I'd like to know if your Aria scales are placed on a hard surface and you are standing on the scales barefoot. Also, make sure that your profile settings (height, weight and gender are updated)

Looking forward to your responses! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hey, guys. A quick update.

I was toying around with my personal settings and realized that I didn’t
have a gender selected. I choose Male, weighed myself.... weighed myself a
second time.... and the body fat percent was back to normal.

Thanks for the suggestion, Juan Jo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ended up taking out the batteries again and all seems back to normal. “Gained” 11 pounds overnight ;-). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mgiamb @BKOcricut I'm so glad to hear that you guys managed to get your Aria scales fixed. Thank you for posting the updates here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes