Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

A couple of days ago I noticed my Aria quit syncing. I went through setup again and it synced that time again. The setup was successful. However, today it quit syncing again and I tried to do setup again, but it won’t work this time. I tried on my phone and computer.  It always shows an error when trying to connect to my network. I know I got my network password right and everything. The scale tries and then goes back to setup when it fails. 

Best Answer

@Liahna It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you and help you to get the Aria syncing issue resolved. Have you made changes to your network, such as router settings or router? Are you getting any error message when your Aria tries to sync your data? This info will help me to determine the cause of the issue and provide the correct solution.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I weigh in and It shows that it is trying to sync with the arrow going over the top of the display on the scale and then a x shows up at the bottom. I take the battery out and try to go through set up again and it is says wifi is Catweb tap to change. I tap and nothing happens. I have not made any changes to my network. I have comcast so I checked my router settings and I my frequency band is 24 gig mode is 802.11b/g/n and security mode is WAP2-psk (AES). It was working fine on Friday march 16th. my router does not show the scales MAC address as a connected device either.

I found instruction on how to reset the Aria and I not get the set up active but it will not complete setup. it says joining wifi and then Wifi error. I cleared my browser cookies and cash too.

To Reset the Aria: Try using the small reset hole on bottom. Take out one battery. Push in paper clip and hold while replacing battery. This will make it go into setup mode.

I know the password is correct, I tested it on my phone.This has been very frustrating, why is it so hard?!

I tried the setup using my laptop and my cell phone, both say wifi error!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue!  Mine stopped syncing on Saturday 3/17.  Just got around to trying to reset and am getting a Wifi error.  Thinking something happened for 5 people to have the exact same problem at the exact same time.

Best Answer

I have found lots of other posts. Looks like Comcast is no longer transmitting the B band. If so I have a paper weight. 

See muddywaters post: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Aria-scale-is-getting-a-wifi-error-message-x-with-wifi-signal-u...

Well no good news. I spoke with Fitbit today and they walked me through all the steps I already did and I still cannot connect to the Wifi. They will not give you a refund if the item is over 45 days old. Fitbit will send you a new Aria Scale, but it will have the same issue where it requires B mode Wifi. So I guess I am looking for a new scale.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Tried reconnecting to the network, now stuck in the Setup Active loop.  Had to take the batteries out of the scale, as other devices in the house were trying to connect to the scale network, when turned on.  Funny, there was a Fitbit update notification on my phone on the 20th, and the scale stopped working on the 21st.  

Best Answer

Yes, I took the batteries out too. I don't recall getting a fitbit upgrade but I could have. 

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit...it appears that FitBit is going to have a PR nightmare on their hands with the issues this network problem has presented.  Ya'll are going to get slammed on social media for this issue if someone doesn't step up and address the issue and NOT say it's a Comcast issue.  It's NOT.  It's a FitBit issue.  Your developers need to get at it and get the firmware for the original Arias upgraded so they can sync as they did before March 21.  

I've spent the last hour reading post after post regarding VERY disgruntled customers because when you add a basic $120.00 tracker, then add the $130.00 Aria...you have some serious money spent.  This is an easy fix to the firmware.  Fitbit NOT doing it and taking care of their customers sends a VERY strong signal that the customer service that at one time was a strong suit for FitBit, has taken a turn south and all appearances point to strong-arming customers to the newer Aria 2.  

Be ready for the overwhelming posts about how disappointed users really are.  

Best Answer

I have been having the same issues as well. I have followed multiple posts without luck for the most part. If I try like a 100 times it may work for a day and then stop and find this to be annoying as it is a 130 lb paperweight.

Comcast does not appear to be the problem but a problem with the scale itself... I have an Aria 1st generation

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have reset the wifi multiple times and the Aria will synch once not again.  I purchased the Aria because of its integration with the app and now that I have to enter things manually the whole premise for purchasing it goes away.  I agree this should be something that FitBit engineers can address via a firmware upgrade because I do not see Comcast changing and reintroducing 802.b

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as others on this thread and it started about the same time.  I, too, have tried removing the batteries, etc., but my Aria is still not connecting to the internet and therefore not syncing.  My internet connection is through Frontier FiOS, and until about 2/20/18, my Aria was syncing perfectly.

Best Answer

I too am unable to sync my scale.  Last sync was on the 20th.  Please fix the issue Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Hah! I've been having the same problem with synch since 3/16/2018.  Tried everything. Just about ready to fling the Scale and the rest of our Fibbits [Misfits] OUT THE WINDOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is there ANY resolution to this?  Or this is now a LOSS and we move on to another brand?

Best Answer

The data from my scale shows up on the Fitbit web portal but not in the iPhone app. Check to see if your data is there too. If that’s the case it is not a scale or WiFi issue. The problem is with the app. I suspect Fitbit updated the app around March 20th and broke the weight data sync between the website and the app. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the response.  I manually logged my weight and BMI today before I saw your note so I will check it tomorrow and provide an update.  I also checked my app update history and the FitBit App was updated 3 days ago which is after I started experiencing the issue.  I will still hope for the best because if it proves to be the application then the fix by FitBit should be even easier.

Best Answer
No my weight wasn't showing up in the app either or the dashboard

Gina
Best Answer
Mine either

Leslie 😃
Best Answer

Actually, looking at things more closely the data is NOT updating in the fitbit.com dashboard either. I mistook the graph, which is showing the same weight since March 19th, as having data behind it but looking at the Aria device itself, the data stopped syncing on March 20th. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update and unfortunately not really surprised given the fact that others checked and did not find the information posted to their dashboard.  Sounds like we are back to square 1 and waiting on FitBit to respond.

Best Answer