Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

No. I am a Eero Pro user and my Aria stopped working as soon as I converted from my former Apple WiFi. The scale WiFi is junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And,they are still selling it. I last seen it at Bed Bath and,Beyond.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently upgraded to an Xfinity router and my wifi network has changed . I have read and tried everything already provided by Fitbit but cannot get my Aria scale to connect to the new wifi network. I have never had a problem in all of the time I have had this scale previously and the steps provided in your response that I am replying to do not match anything I can find in my Xfinity settings. Please help. I am very frustrated.

Best Answer

I gave up and I’m selling mine and moving away from the Fitbit ecosystem. Apple Watch and just ordered a Withings. Thanks for playing Fitbit... time to go!

Best Answer

My view exactly. Fitbit clearly has a significant technical flaw with its Aria scale, refuses to admit it, and is making its customers waste massive amounts of time trying to fix something that is not fixable. I've been a Fitbit user -- and fan -- for years, but the Aria experience has ended all that. Time to try somebody's else product. 

Best Answer

You cannot find these settings inside your xfinity account. You must login to your router/modem. The thing is... I have been with a couple other providers and the fitbit always worked without fail. The problem is not fitbit, it is how cable companies in general do not allow broadcasts and other normal network protcols on their networks. This will always make hardware and software devices fail. They do it to secure their clients on the network, but it causes major security issues for companies like fitbit. I can't speak for fitbit or for xfinity, but the 2 should be able to come to a compromise, but notoriously cable companies will not give. 

So for me, I had to move to a new location and there is no other provider that can provide a half way decent speed for internet except for xfinity. So, people, quit blaming fitbit, they are only trying to keep their clients secure too.

Best Answer

I was able to get this to work by plugging an old router into one of the Ethernet ports on the Xfinity Gateway.  Set it up either as a separate network with an SSID and password, or as a wireless access point (be sure to configure it for B and G wireless), and then connect the scale to it rather than the Xfinity gateway.  I used an old Linksys router I had in a spare parts box in my garage.  (google using an old router as a wifi extender and you'll find lots of info on how - here's one, but there's plenty more: https://www.labnol.org/software/add-router-to-wireless-network/19716/).  I have the original Aria scale, and it works just fine when connected to the old router. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to connect through the Xfinity gateway - don't even bother trying.  If this sounds like more trouble than it's worth for you, many folks on this thread have ditched the Aria scale for a Renpho (about $30 on AMZN if I recall) and report great success with it.

Best Answer

This doesn't work. This is the message Xfinity Xfi gives: 

Why am I no longer able to view/change some advanced settings?

If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi settings (WiFi Mode, Channel Selection, and Channel Mode) in Advanced Settings, this means these settings are now being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that is my issue as well. I have given up and am inputting my weight
from my Aria scale manually into my FitBit Dashboard.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently got cox panoramic Wi-Fi and I cannot get my aria scale to connect.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried pressing that post link and it says access denied. How can I sync my scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Give up
Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate, when I try to access the post linked in your message, it says access denied. I have now been trying to deal with this same stupid issue for 4hrs and contacted Comcast with no luck.This is extremely frustrating and disappointing for a firm like Fitbit to build a device that doesn't work with all modem/wifi protocols. Needless to say that if I can't get this to work I will be looking at competitor's alternatives.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if you have a newer modem from Xfinity like the Xfi or whatever it's called, then you'll never be able to have it work. The Aria uses certain networks like "B" and the router does not provide access to that. It looks like the newest aria scale might work but not sure. 

Which scale are you using? The older one or the newer one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for your reply. I have come to the same conclusion. I do have xFi. My fitbit model is XRAFB201A. I tried to trick it by renaming my iphone hotspot to the same name as my wifi, adding it to that (successfully) and then turning off my hotspot but that didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The scale syncing has never worked. Broken product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit these instructions are incorrect or at the very least outdated. the xfi gateway no longer has the ability (or at least there are different steps) to select "g/n" and/or "b/g/n". please advise ASAP as I can no longer connect my ARIA to my home wifi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guessing I'm having the same issue, so yes please advise. No issues when using a Centurylink router, but 'no go' with my new Xfinity/Comcast router . . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will never work with Comcast. You will waiste your time trying to make it work

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer