Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

Amen to this @sbfurlan4. Don't even try to connect your Aria scale to the Xfinity gateway - you'll drive yourself nuts.

The only thing that I've been able to make work is to plug an old router that supports wireless B into one of the ports on the Xfinity gateway, set it up as a separate network, then connect the Aria to that network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely outdated and this no longer works.

Selecting " b/g/n" is not an option! Need another method to connect the scale!!

All because I switched ISPs I no longer have the tracking ability of the scale.

Not happy as I have wasted 2 hours trying to follow the instuctions provided.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry, there is no "Additional Setup" on the link that you send.  I've been fighting with this stupid scale for two hours now, and ready to just throw it out and go with Apple

Best Answer
Save yourself a whole lot of grief and aggravation, buy a Renpho at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=renpho+bluetooth+smart+scale&crid=3GM97NW9DS3EL&sprefix=renpho%2Caps%2C22...
Best Answer

I switched to Renpho too and am way happier. It syncs with all my devices, much less expensive and works every time Plus Super easy setup

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

This “work around” did not work for me. Did it work for anyone else??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Is there an update to this workaround with XFi WiFi?  My Aria will not connect to the internet and the option to select 2.4 frequency is no longer available. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately no one has figured out a way to work around it unless you purchase your own router/modem and do not rent the one from Comcast

My son bought a router from Netgear to replace the one from Comcast and his Aria is now working. I checked with him again today.

Your other option is to by a different brand of scale like Renpho which may be a cheaper option Depending on if you compare initial or long term investment

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@sbfurlan4  - I've found that you can set up a second router that works with the Aria scale, and you don't need to dump the Comcast router/gateway!  You can have both.  I did it, it works for me, and it's easy.

All you need to do is plug another router (almost any cheap router will work...even a $5 one from the thrift store) into one of the ports on the Comcast gateway and configure it as a new wifi network...call it fitbitscale or something like that...and connect your Aria to it.  Then you've still got the comcast connection for your main computer, can use their XFi app, etc etc. -   and be able to use your scale too.

Best Answer

For everyone still replying to this thread:

There is no work around. The scale uses 802.11b. All newer router do not support 802.11b. So if you have an ac/WiFi 6 router you will never get this scale to connect. NEVER. 

What you can do as others have said is find an old 802.11 b/g/n router. Set it up as an AP and use that for your scale. But I’m betting if you are on this thread, you don’t have the technical skills to do that.

Why Fitbit used a WiFi standard that was introduced in 1999 on their scale is crazy. 

Best Answer

Not true, you can setup an old router that supports the 802.11b protocol and the Aria scale can use this parallel wi-fi setup. Just plug the old (802.11b) router into the second port on the Xfinity router. There are a number of folks here that have used this workaround successfully.  

On the other hand save yourself some pain setting up a parallel network and order a Rehpho on Amazon. Think you'll be much happier.

Best Answer

I have gotten rid of my old ARIA scale.  I want to be removed from this community. 

Best Answer

DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS unless you want every device in your house EXCEPT the Aria to be disconnected, want to spend hours on the phone with Comcast trying to fix it, and want to narrowly escape filing for divorce because your husband is so angry.

Best Answer

Cannot connect my Fitbit Arial to Wifi, model: FB201W

Serial No: SB35013QVJEYU701

Is this model now completely obsolete? Is there a way to connect a scale again on WIFI?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have the option of b/g/n. Only g/n or n. Xfinity cannot add b as an option tried that. They suggested Port Forwarding, but I would need a port range number for the aria. Anyone have success with that or know what the number is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Usually G is backwards compatible with B.  There's some other reason Comcast routers won't work with it.  A G Linksys router works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem with the area and I replaced it with inspire to and the same thing is happening it’s not connecting and just now and told me can’t find the device and that was after resetting the connection I don’t know what to do any suggestions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get to the post you referenced. When I click on it, it tells me I don’t have permission 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have the xfinity gateway with pods and it does not give me the ability to change the 2.4 frequency to b/g/n as it states the system not automatically picks the frequency to support the household needs.  Is there another way?

I am working with xfinity also but am unsure of the solution yet.  Does anyone know if the newer sales are flexible enough to connect to what ever frequency is being used?  I don’t want to buy a new one and have the same issue.

Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate a lot of the post are 2 years old.  Is there a resolution?   Mine just stopped connecting and I have tried all the solutions suggested....

Best Answer
0 Votes