Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

If you want to have success with Bluetooth items in your home including Aria you will need to upgrade to independent router and modem. What Comcast provides is horrible. End your misery and bite the bullet.

Sincerely

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately there is not a solution unless you do not use the Comcast router

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to get my Fitbit to work for years.... the tips posted don't actually work at all. I'm disappointed.

This does not work for my Aira Scale. I've asked for help several times over the years and absolutely nothing.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Comcast/Xfinity has changed the Additional Settings options. Here is what their website says now.

Why am I no longer able to view/change some advanced settings?

If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi settings (WiFi Mode, Channel Selection, and Channel Mode) in Advanced Settings, this means these settings are now being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible. Additionally, if you have xFi Pods, you won't see your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks listed separately. Pods require that you only have one WiFi network name and password, so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time.

My Aria scale doesn't even find my WiFi network now. 

If anyone has additional workarounds, I'd love to have my scale back online!

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I totally understand how you guys feel about the connection issues between your Aria scales and Comcast networks. I appreciate the time spent trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

My router and wifi handle has changed and my Aria 1 can’t find my new wifi address. I also can’t access the advanced settings option. I’m out of options. 

Best Answer

Why doesn’t FitBit just admit that there is a wifi connectivity flaw with the Aria 1 scale. Just send the people that have had issues with this scale a coupon for the newest scale and we will not have purchased in vain. My expensive scale is now just a manual scale. 

Best Answer