Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Aria user still appearing as choice on scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has been incredibly frustrating. Years ago, I lived at my parents' house for a short stint of time and added them to my Aria so they could sync their weight to their Fitbit accounts.

My father weighs about ten pounds more than I usually do, so typically there's no interference and the Aria recognizes me as me no problem. Occasionally when I drift a little higher, it'll ask if I am him and I have to tap to switch it to me. That was a good signal to me that I needed to lose a couple of pounds so I didn't mind it.

Now, however, I am on a bulk and gaining weight on purpose, which has placed me squarely in the range of overlap. My father hasn't used the scale in a few years, plus I am the primary user and have used it every day for seven years, and my name/initials come first alphabetically, but for some reason it always puts him as the first option. Fine, just delete him as a user from the Aria, problem solved, right?

Only it hasn't changed anything. He still pops up as the first choice, even though his profile isn't even linked to the Aria anymore. At first I assumed that it would just take a sync or two to propagate the change and stop asking, but it's been about a week and still happening. I even let a few measurements run through under his name, assuming that once the scale connected to report his weight it would realize he's no longer connected to the scale and yank him as an option. Still not working. It reports his weight as "Guest" now when I go into the Aria page that shows weigh-ins on the scale, but it's not taking him away on the scale itself.

Am I missing something obvious? I know I should probably just try a factory reset next, but the scale has always been very finicky to connect to wifi, and I don't want to do that unless strictly necessary.

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

We've had the same problem also. I would to use the Aria without connecting to anyone's Fitbit. Please let me know if you receive some sort of response. We also have deleted the Aria from our profiles, but when we weigh in it tries to connect and it runs down the battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes