Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassemble Aria 2 after flood

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floods are not covered under warranty and there are no repair options.  I have seen videos on disassembly of basic Aria, but not the "2".  I don't see any screws in the battery compartment and it glass seems to be "glued" to the plastic; I cannot force a screwdriver between the two.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!  Also, Fitbit NEEDS a repair shop!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@HoldTheMCMayo, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 got broken after a flood.

I totally understand how you feel about this since the warranty doesn't cover this situation. As you mentioned, I'm afraid that we don't have a repair center and we appreciate your feedback and comments about this since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize it's been a year since the original post, but I'm adding information in case it helps others.  I had water slosh out of a full bathtub and didn't notice it on the scale until the next morning when it had gotten into the LCD and started causing odd behavior (not recognizing me and logging weights as GUEST).

There are two hex-head screws under the label in the battery compartment.  I found the first to the left, and was then able to peel the sticker up to access the other.  The label also covers a port to a 6-position connection on the board, probably for programming/updating the CPU.

After screw removal, it's a matter of separating the lower plastic from the upper glass.

I scraped some of the white paint off of the upper glass piece when separating, so watch out for that.  I was eventually able to use a screwdriver to get it open enough for a plastic tool to widen the gap.  Go around the plastic separating it until the entire piece comes free.  There are two clips, about 2" inset on each side, spaced at about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way along each side.  You'll need to pop those before the back will remove completely.

There are four similar screws on a cover for the display.  I've opened that up, as it was waterlogged.  I'm leaving everything open for a few days so it can dry out, and then I'll test it out.

Best Answer

Thanks for your explainer. Got my Aria 2 apart using your advice although mine had T10 Torx screws beneath the label. 

I used a small screwdriver to dissemble each foot and foot mount and reseated them after my scale started reading incorrectly after it took a tumble off a shelf. Now in full working order. 

It’s mad that Fitbit won’t at least offer repair advice in absence of them repairing their own devices. Save perfectly good tech from landfill!

Best Answer
0 Votes