Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to have my phone on when I weigh myself on an Aria Air?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria 2 scale will no longer connect to my WiFi network. No one has suggested a fix, and I'm thinking about buying an Aria Air to replace it.

I weigh myself first thing every morning, and at that time my phone is always off, on its charger. I do NOT want to have to turn on my phone when I weigh myself.

Will the Aria Air politely wait to sync until I turn on my phone, or do I have to have my phone on and nearby whenever I weigh myself? That would be a deal-breaker. 

Larry

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@larryc43230   I tried this just to get this information.  You don't have to have your phone on!  I turned my phone off, weighed myself, turned my phone on, opened my Fitbit app, and it popped up.  I was really surprised. because I expected it to get lost in cyberspace.  I only tried this once and turned my phone on less than 30 seconds after weighing myself.  I don't know if there is a time limit before it gets lost in cyberspace.

Just so you are clear about this, the Aria Air doesn't measure percent body fat.  It doesn't have the hardware.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Aria Air and set it up. It requires me to have my fitbit device and phone on and with me to log the weight. Not feeling happy about this. Will be returning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes