Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Aria 2 measure skeletal Muscle or Lean Muscle?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Aria 2 measure skeletal muscle mass or total lean muscle mass? The details for the product don't provide much detail, but it seems to indicate that it would measure total lean muscle mass vs the more specific skeletal muscle mass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mbarylski   This is how I interpret the breakdown with respect to lean mass and fat mass.  Fat mass is straightforward.  Lean mass is everything else, including muscle, your organs, and everything that isn't fat.  I don't see anything in the details that mentions muscle mass, even skeletal muscle mass as a separate component.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@mbarylski   This is how I interpret the breakdown with respect to lean mass and fat mass.  Fat mass is straightforward.  Lean mass is everything else, including muscle, your organs, and everything that isn't fat.  I don't see anything in the details that mentions muscle mass, even skeletal muscle mass as a separate component.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it, thanks. Looks like there are only a few scales (Garmin and InBody) that attempt to break skeletal muscle mass out from the rest of lean mass.

Best Answer