Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Fitbit app, Aria Air and Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not read to go to Apple, I just bought my Sense 2  last year. And I'm still hopin gthey fix the battery issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @SunsetRunner  not sure I understand. You must use the Fitbit app in order to have your Sense 2 uploading the data to the servers. There is no other app that can take the place of the original one. There are apps that can take the info you've uploaded to the Fitbit app, but they still require the actual Fitbit app for your smartphone or tablet.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Odyssey13

That is not quite true, There are ways to upload information without using the Fitbit app. Unfortunately I've only found it piecemeal uploads. One app will do the steps or activity but not break it down between the different zones. Another you can add your meals and it will give you the nutrient values. Another gets the amount of sleep but doesn't break it up in the different stages. So there may be a third party app that does those all those things instead of having multiple apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner - there are no additional apps on a Sense 2.

While the Fitbit App takes care of loading all the data to the servers adequately why look for something else?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy_

I find it interesting that you use the word "adequately". I do like my Fitbit watch, I've always liked the product. I did try an Apple and honestly did not like it. But I don't like that Google seems to be removing functions. People have complained about the weight page disappearing and being able to see Guests listed. Noting has been done. I have also seen complaints about historical information disappearing when switching over to the Google app. So yes I'd like to find out if there is an existing app that I can switch to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner - yes the Fitbit App can handle what a device is capable of so there is no need for another app.

If you are missing a tile in the app, for instance, try logout/login and then click Edit with the green popup and scroll down to find missing tiles and if not visible, click the Discover tab at the bottom and scroll down to Health & Fitness Stats.

You may find more tiles and click Done when finished.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Guy_

It is not a tile. It was the page that listed a history of weights under the Aria scale. Google already knows the issue. You can look it up under the community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email asking me to choose best answer. I did not get a best answer, in case anyone is reading this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm totally lost in this conversation. 

Title asks if their is an application to replace fitbit, I assume you are asking about an app on the phone. 

The answer is No, fitbit will only sync through the Fitbit app on a mobile device. The sync through a computer has been shutdown. 

Their are ways, as @Odyssey13 explained, where 3rd parties will use fitbits API to pull data off of the fitbit server. 

This post is on the Sense 2 board and I notice that the Aria scale is mentioned. 

Since we are not talking about the Sense 2 I'm going to move this thread to the Aria board 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, I'm talking about both. And the website. Have they really shutdown the website? Then why is there still information showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually i mis read that part about the syncing from the  PC. Your correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what both you are referring to? The fitbit app on the phone, the Aria Scale, the Sense 2, the App for the apple or windows PC, and now the website. 

We have never been able to sync through the website. The website simply displays data that is on the fitbit server. 

We had to, and still have to sync the data another way 

The apple computer had an app that would sync your fitbit data, Fitbit disabled this app a few years before disabling the windows PC version a few years ago. 

The website still displays data that is stored on the fitbit server. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, just close my question, I'm tired of arguing.

Best Answer
0 Votes