Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Aria multiple users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I just got my mother a Fitbit aria and we are sharing it to track our weights. It keeps saying that she is myself or that I am her. How do we change users on the scale?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When the initials first appear, if they are not yours tap hard on the rear right corner until you see yours.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

When the initials first appear, if they are not yours tap hard on the rear right corner until you see yours.

Best Answer

This is wrong. 

Best Answer

@Nowrong It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! If your Aria scale is not recognizing your user, try the tips that my friend @SunsetRunner mentions above. Also, please take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and try check out if your Aria recognizes your user properly.

Also, is there any user that uses your scale and their weight is the same or close as yours?

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

In my case we are both close to the same weight.  Does this basically render the scale useless?

Best Answer

@Azz_75 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question, since your weights are close, I recommend following @SunsetRunner' advise so you can reassign the weight to the correct user. You can also check out the video that contains this help article which also explains how to reassign measurements to the correct user.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem and I actually think it DOES virtually render it useless. Sometimes it asks my husband and I which one of us it is, but lately it just assigns someone and goes along its merry way!!! Very frustrating.

Best Answer

We have the same issue. Only 2 users and we are about 35 lbs different, shouldn't be too hard to tell who is who? We consistently correct the scale by tapping and if we miss one change it online. The scale never seems to learn 😞 Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely weigh yourself a few times in a row.  I also went into the app, clicked on my picture and then clicked on my scale.  In that menu there is people or guests.  Fond yiur weights and classify them with your name.  I did that and then weighed myself a few times.  Recognized me on the 3rd attempt.  

Best Answer