Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Aria wont reconnect to a new router

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!
I have been a happy user or FitBit gear for many year, however, I now struggle with my Aria.

I had to change the router. New router = new password.
The password is strong (with letters, numbers and extra).
My network name also contains an "@".
This is the same in my old network, and in my new one.

The FitBit Aria does go in to setup mode, I go through all the steps, but on the last step (trying to connect the scale to my home network) it stalls in the browser. Tried multiple times, on both 

It wont go beyond the "setup active". I do get the "WIFI ERR"

What's the workaround?

Thanks for your help!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@Jelmer Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'll be glad to assist you with the setup process that you are experiencing with your Aria scale.

Since you mentioned that you've made changes to your network, please let me know the following details: What is the make and model of your new router? Have you tried a password without any special character? (The Aria scale may not connect to a network if its password contains these characters). Finally, does your router run the protocol 802.11b, and bandwidth 2.4GHz?

Looking forward to your response! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really don't understand how you guys haven't fixed this issue! Some routers are configured by the company and you can't change the password, that's my case, so I haven't been able to connect the Aria scale since I had the change the router. Basically the only solution is to throw it away. Any other solution? 

Best Answer

@Stephymarie19 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not connecting to your new router.

I'd like to know the following: Do you get any error message when trying to set up your Aria? What is the make and model of your router? Does your router run the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4 GHz?

This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

See you later! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is also my problem i spent countless hours on the phone with rogers and fitbit still cannot got aria to even read my network.

Best Answer
Hi FitBit helpdesk,

Do you have a solution for this? Your Forum is not conclusive.

The argument of only alphanumercial password, is untrue.

Any help?
Thanks!
Best Answer

WHAT SHOULD I DO THROW THE ARIA AWAY. IT WILL NOT RECONNECT

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit,

Thanks for responding. My router is this one: https://www.telfort.nl/persoonlijk/service/specificaties-experia-box-v10.htm

It runs both 2.4Ghz and 5Gh.

Standard is 802.11, b g, n and ac.

The password on my old router also had non alphanumerical **ahem** in it, so it should work. Given the fact that the Aria stayed the same one.
I dont want to change my password, since I like strong passwords. Seems a bit silly to make your password less strong because FitBit cannot handle it (also, not true since the password and network name stayed identical...)
Any other tips?

Cheers in advance, and thanks for your help.

Jelmer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Moderator,
Any news, tips, updates, suggestions?
Br, Jelmer

Best Answer

I tried what I saw elsewhere and dug out my 8 year old laptop that I used to originally set up my Aria.  It set up fine with that, after trying multiple times with my newer tablet, phone and laptop.  See if you have an older wireless device at home that you can use to set it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having exactly the same problem. Once in setup mode my Wifi network doesn appear on the list. Im getting desperate. Can you please help me setting it back up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello moderator,

I have used the same laptop, same SSID, same password. 

Still: same **ahem**!

Please help?
Cheers, Jelmer

- a now disappointed user and negative promotor of fitbit gear - 

Best Answer

+1... So dissapointed with the brand and the service. hope they find a fix soon otherwise will be losing a costumer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo,
Any updates? 
Is there any kind of support FitBit can do?
Br, Jelmer

Best Answer

I don't know when this inquiry was first entered, but has there been any resolution from fitbit?  I'm so disappointed this problem is happening. (Especially now, just as I was reaching my goals.) The scale will provide weight, but it won't connect to the app after we had to get a new router .  I don't have the opportunity to change the Wi-Fi on my fitbit Aria scale.

Best Answer

Hello @Becklzs and welcome to the Community.  This Help article has instructions to reconnect your scale using your new network.  The is a section for both the Aria and Aria 2.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes