Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit account / privacy issue Aria scales random weigh-ins

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a Fitbit Aria 2 scale three years ago, following which I had the below described issue. I tried for months to resolve this with Fitbit technical support (if you can call it that) with zero success, each time I got in contact they told to take out the batteries and do a factory reset, which for the avoidance of doubt did not resolve my issue… I then stopped using them for 2 years as smart scales, following which I have decided to try and give them one last go.

Consequently, the problem is as follows. My scales are syncing to my account; however another Fitbit users weigh-ins are as well. Accordingly, it confuses my weigh-ins with an unknown Fitbit user when our weights are similar. Furthermore, it is somewhat of an alarming privacy issue, how secure is my Fitbit personal data…..

For clarity, when I go into the “recent” weigh-ins section of the Fitbit app, I can see my weigh-ins along with other ones that are categorically not from my scales. Firstly, I live on my own so there is no chance of family members / roommates etc using them, and secondly, the recordings are typically at 2-3am, which suggests that they are from a different time zone. I can also confirm that no other accounts are linked to my own.

In summary, I am ready to throw them in the bin as a failed experiment, as they are literally useless. I spend more time deleting random weigh-ins than I would recording my weight the old-fashioned way, and I also feel concerned with respect to how secure my personal data is. Fitbit technical support is worse than useless and failed to provide any assistance on this matter. Therefore, this is my final attempt before I give up in the hope that someone in the Fitbit community can assist with my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Did you try going to the people tab and deleting the other users? Also, mark your weigh-ins private.

If there are no other users in the people account the only thing I can suggest is that you make sure your weights are private and keep deleting the other ones. As a last resort you can create a new Fitbit account as somehow multiple accounts are getting crossed. Unfortunately, you will lose your data. It's also possible you could delete your self, log out and log back in and re-add the scale. Again, you will lose your old data.

Note, if you go to your dashboard, click on the gear and then settings further towards the bottom the is a data export option. Open it up and you can export certain periods or all of your data.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Widdowson   Here is another thing to try.  I have no idea if it will work.  From you phone app, tap on your profile picture > scroll down to Security and Login > Manage Account Access > Revoke Access to any device you don't recognize.

I also think you should contact Support to report unauthorized information getting added to you account.  This is a cybersecurity issue, something that Fitbit needs to be concerned about.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I tried those things with no success. 😞

I really don't want to start my account again and lose my data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried revoking access to every device on my Fitbit account, I changed my password and checked that no other users were added to my account. I have attached screenshots to highlight the issue.

I am the only user of the scalesI am the only user of the scales

These "guest" weigh-ins are not coming from my scalesThese "guest" weigh-ins are not coming from my scales

It can't be visitors using my scales as the time stamp says they occur in the early hours when I am asleepIt can't be visitors using my scales as the time stamp says they occur in the early hours when I am asleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Widdowson   I reached out to Fitbit to try and get you help.  Please don't delete any recent weigh-ins.  I hope this can be investigated for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LZeeW @SunsetRunner , nice to see you around! Thank you for helping @Widdowson  in this situation.

@Widdowson  , a warm welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing the information on the screenshots and for contacting Support. 

Support informed me that they sent you an Email on June 27th and are still awaiting some information from you to continue with your case. Please reply to support with the information needed, so that they can follow up with your case. 

If you don't see the message on your inbox, please check your Spam/Junk Folder. Sometimes our Emails are sent there automatically!

Please keep us posted.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for getting in contact.

I have checked junk email and deleted items, the only responses I have received are the posts of this forum thread.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Widdowson , thank you for your reply and confirmation. I've informed Support and they'll be sending you the Email message again. 

Please let me know if you don't receive it again. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes