Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing display without being used

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Aria 2 for about three weeks. I have been quite happy over all, but have one question. While the scale sits unused the display will occasionally flash. There's nothing showing, no message, just random flashing. I assume that that is the reason that I have already had to replace the batteries. Why would it flash like that and what can I do to stop it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I'm stumped...I tried the Help site and Google search to see if I can find any articles, but found nothing.  You may want to contact Support.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@hairball45 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria 2 turns on by itself. Please try the following, take out the batteries and clean the contacts of the scale with a cotton swab. After this, put the batteries back in and monitor your scale during the weekend and see if your scale stops turning on all of a sudden by itself.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you so much for your contribution my friend!

See you both around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will try that. Seems odd with the device being less than  a month old though. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hairball45 Thank you for getting back and taking the time to try the workaround shared above. Please don't hesitate to get back if you have any doubts and I'll be happy to follow up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My Aria 2 is doing the same thing.

I tried your suggestion, and it's still happening.

I've had it for about 1 week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@darias Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the display issues that your Aria 2 is experiencing. By the way, thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps shared above before contacting our forums.

Before I proceed accordingly, I'd like you to try a new set of batteries. Make sure that they're alkalines and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problems and have changes batteries several times...nothing has worked.  Do I have an overpriced paperweight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jtpne thank you for joining us in this thread! Since your scale is still experiencing display issues after changing the batteries, I'd like you to try the following workaround that has been helpful: please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of your scale (where the batteries are placed) with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. This will remove any dust that the contacts or springs accumulate.

Finally, put the batteries back in and see if the display gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the Aria 2 for Christmas. Just set it up. Same thing, display flashing. Already changed batteries, still happening. What's up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cousinbill, I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the display issues that your Aria 2 experienced, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via phone.

I'm glad to hear that they took care of your case and sent a replacement unit.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great follow up and support all around. I like the products and this
reinforces my endorsement. Have already communicated that to many friends
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I trashed the Aria and Fitbit a long time ago…too little support for the price I paid.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes