Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Aria 2 been officially discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria 2 is still mentioned as a product on the Fitbit website, but it has been unavailable for purchase for months now on the Fitbit Store.

Now I'm seeing that even resellers (Amazon, eBay, local outlets) no longer list the product. Wherever I look I can only find second hand listings. 

I figured a new version might be part of the announcements together with the Sense, but that didn't happen. And the support forum is filled with tons of support requests and bug reports.

So the questions remain:

• Has the Aria 2 been discontinued as a product?
  • Will it still receive support going forward?
  • Will the Aria Air face the same fate?

A little transparency can go a long way, thanks!

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

*clarification - I have been in the past “overweight” on BMI while then told after a dexa scan to try and put weight on. Since then I completely ignore BMI. This messaging does nothing to help women with body image issues and there is broad discussion of that at the moment 

Best Answer

Yes, some clarification on whether the Aria 2 is still supported by Fitbit (here and now as of Feb 2023) ... would be helpful. 

Best Answer

How can you say the Aria Air "provides similar features? "  All it does is give your weight.  I can get that anywhere.  Please bring back the Aria 2 or something else that gives your body fat percentage.  BMI is worthless.  If you have a high amount of muscle, low fat and aren't overweight, BMI can make it seem you're unhealthy.  It doesn't account for the fact that muscle weighs more than fat.  Next time my fitbit watch dies (currently a sense), I will seriously look at other brands.  One of the reasons I have stuck with fitbit is because of the compatibility with the scale that provides body fat.

Best Answer

Bring back the Aria 2 or a scale that provides body fat.  The Aria air is worthess.

Best Answer

If you are in Quebec, Canada you are entitled to a legal warranty even if product is discontinued: https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/topic/warranties/applying-warranty/application-legal-warranti...

Best Answer
0 Votes

lizzy fitbit..

The discontinuing of the smart scales for not very smart scales is yet another fitbit customer lost

recalled, unreliable smart watches, now discontinued scales now my aira 2 has now gone wrong.

Your company is doing its very best to loose any customers it once had. bravo.

pathetic....  

i too bought a replacement "fitbit aria air" and its not a replacement for aria2 at all........ backwards step. well done.  idiotic marketing right there.

Best Answer