Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Aria 2 been officially discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria 2 is still mentioned as a product on the Fitbit website, but it has been unavailable for purchase for months now on the Fitbit Store.

Now I'm seeing that even resellers (Amazon, eBay, local outlets) no longer list the product. Wherever I look I can only find second hand listings. 

I figured a new version might be part of the announcements together with the Sense, but that didn't happen. And the support forum is filled with tons of support requests and bug reports.

So the questions remain:

• Has the Aria 2 been discontinued as a product?
  • Will it still receive support going forward?
  • Will the Aria Air face the same fate?

A little transparency can go a long way, thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MrGlenn, it's nice to hear from you. @Odyssey13, thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@MrGlenn, thanks for your interest about the Aria 2 and I'll help you with your questions. Let me inform you that the Aria 2 has been discontinued from our product line. While it's not longer available for sale, you'll always receive support on any inquiry that you've regarding this product.

On the other hand, the Aria Air is available to order and provides similar features. You can find more details about this scale here.

Your loyalty is appreciated and feel free to reply back if you have any other questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Hi @MrGlenn  no company can reveal what they are working on for the future. The Aria Air is the only scale listed on the Fitbit Store site. If you don't see it on that site, it's no longer being produced. Support is still there, but I don't know how often updates continue for retired products.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • If you don't see it on that site, it's no longer being produced.

That's kinda my point right? First of all it's really weird for a company to 'just' stop producing the flagship in their line up. But when they do they should at least stop promoting it.

So far the Aria 2 has only been removed from the US version of the website, all other locales still have it listed.

I don't really want to make a bigger deal out of it than it is, just ended up making this post because I was interested in it and got confused by the contradicting information.

Best Answer

Hi @MrGlenn, it's nice to hear from you. @Odyssey13, thanks for stopping by to help our members.

@MrGlenn, thanks for your interest about the Aria 2 and I'll help you with your questions. Let me inform you that the Aria 2 has been discontinued from our product line. While it's not longer available for sale, you'll always receive support on any inquiry that you've regarding this product.

On the other hand, the Aria Air is available to order and provides similar features. You can find more details about this scale here.

Your loyalty is appreciated and feel free to reply back if you have any other questions.

Best Answer

Will there be a new Aria product with the same features? I really wanted the Aria 2 for its body fat percentages but last I looked the Air doesn’t have that ability, I would really like to keep the products within the same company but without any news as to whether anything new will be done in regards to a similar aura 2 product I’m looking at other brands to buy from 

Best Answer

Hi @Isabelpalaciio. Welcome to the Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest and excitement around new Fitbit products. As you know, we are constantly working on new products to help people live healthier lives. We don’t have news to share at this time about a new Fitbit scale, but I'd suggest to subscribe to our newsletter so you can be among the first to know when we do.

Remember that you can always post new ideas that you wish to see in the future in the Feature Suggestion board, so our developers can take them into consideration for new updates or product development.

If you have another question, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer

If the Aria 2 has now been discontinued, you have to wonder how long the product will continue to work for existing owners.

The Aria 2 syncs via wifi to a cloud-based Fitbit database, which enables owners to view their weight records online. As I understand it, the Fitbit Aria Air Smart Scale doesn't operate in the same way and instead connects via Bluetooth to your mobile device. If Fitbit has dropped wifi cloud synchronization in its latest product then presumably they will eventually drop support for their older products.

Best Answer

Hi @Chris_in_Makati. It's good to see you around the forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the Fitbit environment. I understand your concern about the Aria 2 being discontinued and as mentioned above, we'll continue providing assistance to any inquiry regarding this or any discontinued Fitbit product in the Community Forums or with our Support team. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Our team strives to enhance the Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from all of you.

If there's anything else I can do for you, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 your remark about how companies can't reveal what their working on in the future is ridiculous. (The Surface event last year, talking about the future duo and neo devices is a fine example)

Companies inform you all the time! How else would we as consumers know what's coming out.

Fitbit is really kicking it's self by quietly discontinuing products without a glimmer of hope for an updated version or any information about future releases.

Best Answer

Completely agree with @youhippy.

I saw the Aria 2 mentioned on the UK site but could only see the Aria Air on store so I googled it. Found loads of reviews as well as links to a number of retailers. Amazon let me put an order through for it two weeks ago! So while I was at it I thought I'd update from my old Charge which I've had for years and get a Sense instead given I was able to keep everything within the same product line.

Two weeks later my Amazon order is sitting unfulfilled and pending a delivery date but the product is now listed as unavailable. On Google I could see that Currys are offering it for cheaper so I thought I'd go for that instead and just cancel my amazon order. Got it into the basket and through to checkout only to be told it couldn't deliver and it wasn't in any stores for click and collect. If you have discontinued a product - tell your retailers! I contacted amazon about my order and they didn't know when or if it would be back in stock.

Seriously starting to regret getting the Sense now (although it is a good product) because I wanted to keep everything in one product line and if I have to get a different set of scales (no, the Aria Air is not the same as the 2, please stop claiming it is) then I would have been better getting a fitness watch in the same brand as that.

It would be different if it had been taken down with some transparency and I hadn't had two weeks of wondering if I was going to get my product or not. If I knew there was a replacement in the works I would probably hold out to stay with Fitbit but right now I'm figuring I'll just have to look elsewhere. This has seriously tainted my view of Fitbit.

Best Answer

Eliminating features is fine for the lower end of the product line, but when you eliminate the top shelf product it really pigeon holes who your target consumer is.  I bought the Sense because it was a health tracker rather than a fitness tracker.  As a competitive cyclist, I'm sure that I'm not the target demographic for Fitbit.  I'm currently using a Tanita Ironman scale, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm lazy.  Weighing myself before and after rides, tracking hydration, body fat, muscle mass, etc. is what I need from a scale.  Having to manually input the data is a bit of a task.  The Aria 2 appealed to me for this reason.  I'd love to know if there's a new model coming out soon.    

Best Answer

Thanks @LizzyFitbit, took a while for me to respond but I'm glad to have a clear answer 👍

Best Answer

So are you saying Fitbit has indeed dropped "wifi cloud synchronization"?  If not does Fitbit plan to drop it in the future - making current Aria and Aria 2 scales, owned by many, obsolete?

Best Answer

Hello Lizzy,

I have a Fitbit Aria scale. I just started getting the ERR message. I reset everything with my WiFi. It no longer works.

Will we be given a rebate or a discount or some kind of credit for our original Aria investment if we buy the Aria Air Bluetooth version?

My Best,

w8t

Best Answer

literally same thing started happening to my original Aria just yesterday. I’m now a little spoiled with the automatic WiFi data upload each time I use the Aria. I purchased the Aria air today, but I didn’t realize it no longer had WiFi and will return it. It’s absolutely a first world problem, but having to use the phone to upload data from the scale each time is simply product regression. I’m baffled by this and will probably buy something else.

Best Answer

This is making me wonder if it was on purpose.  My Fitbit Aria also quit working this past week.  Out of warranty.  I also ordered the Aria Air and I do not like it at all.  Bluetooth only, no wifi connection.  No Fat % calculation.  Poor replacement.  

Best Answer

I bought myself and family members smart watches with the intention of getting the Aria 2. The Aria Air doesn't have all of there features I want. To secretly discontinue it secretly concerns me. What other products will you do this to? I think I'm going to look into a different tracker that'll sync to a scale with the features I want.

Best Answer

Yeah, this is unfortunate. I have the Aria 2 and wanted to purchase a new one, but I discovered they were discontinued with seemingly no plans for a Aria 3. I posted a feature request for a new model, or feature upgrades to Aria Air, and they merged it into a similar topic that is "under consideration," so that may be a bit of hope for the future, but it doesn't help you right now. 

Best Answer

A late answer, but in no way does the Aria Air replace the Aria 2 - I specifically wanted body fat% which the Air cannot do.

My Aria 2 is working very nicely right now and I would hope to have reassurance that the server support remains.

Best Answer

Add me to the list of those who are disappointed.  I went to buy an Aria 2, which a friend of mine has, and I love.  But I couldn't find one anywhere and was told that the Aria Air would be similar.  I bought it just to learn that it really isn't and that I might as well stick with manually entering my weight from my old bathroom scale.  What a disappointment.  The Aria Air will promptly be returned.  Truly, I'm surprised that FitBit would discontinue their high-end scale with no replacement.  Lame.

Best Answer