Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disconnect an old Aria from my Fitbit account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old Aria finally failed and now I have connected a new Aria sucessfully. How do I disconnect the old one so it doesn't keep showing dead battery in my account? It is out in my garage for electronics recycling. Does it need to be out of WiFi range to disconnect itself and taht will fix my issue? I tried deleting it from my account but no option to do that.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kmsparkles wrote:

My old Aria finally failed and now I have connected a new Aria sucessfully. How do I disconnect the old one so it doesn't keep showing dead battery in my account? It is out in my garage for electronics recycling. Does it need to be out of WiFi range to disconnect itself and taht will fix my issue? I tried deleting it from my account but no option to do that.

@kmsparkles Here are instructions to remove the Aria from your account:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select "Aria Scale".
2. Select the scale that you would like to delete from the upper right side of the screen.
3. Make sure the "People" tab is selected. 
4. Below the "Invite People" button on the right, there will be an X. Clicking the X next to your name will remove your scale from your account.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@kmsparkles wrote:

@kmsparkles Here are instructions to remove the Aria from your account:

1. Log into your Fitbit Dashboard and click on the gear icon in the upper right corner. Select "Aria Scale".
2. Select the scale that you would like to delete from the upper right side of the screen.
3. Make sure the "People" tab is selected. 
4. Below the "Invite People" button on the right, there will be an X. Clicking the X next to your name will remove your scale from your account.

Best Answer

Piece of cake with your instructions. Thanks so much. -Ken

Best Answer

Hi, I am getting the same err message that others are getting I have signed into my fitbit account but the only thing that shows up is fitbit charge hr, if I go into account and go to the aria scale that way it brings up to invite people but there is nothing there for me to be able to remove it. I only got my scales not long ago and have only used them once due to the err message that keeps coming up what do I do please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have the gear icon connected my new scale but need to remove old one.  Now what?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nan57 Thanks for joining us in this thread! Regarding your question, the steps that were share by my friend @Michael can only be done through the web-based Dashboard, not from the Fitbit app. You can access your web-based Dashboard through an Internet browser on your PC.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked. But when I clicked on people tab there wasn't an x, but there was a trash can symbol by my name.  So I deleted myself using the trash can symbol and that got rid of the Aria scale.  Funny, It still showed a full battery for the scale even though I haven't used it in over a year.

Thank you 

Corrie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corrie1220 I'm so glad to hear that you were able to remove your Aria scale from your account. Thanks for letting me know. The battery icon shows the level that your Aria had when you synced it for the last time.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Emailed the support team twice, nobody seemed to be able to give me this answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received a response.

In order to remove your Aria from your account, please follow the steps that are listed in this post. Make sure to do this from your web-based Dashboard, not through the Fitbit app. Also, make sure to delete every user including your user.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes