Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I re-calibrate my Aria scale?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Aria scale for several years, and it has always measured 2-3 pounds heavier than the doctor's office scale with clothes on. How can I calibrate it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@higgz1 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not providing accurate readings.

Please re-calibrate your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once you've done this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if the issue gets fixed. Also, make sure that your scale is placed on a hard surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hello. I have tried this and every time I get a different weight off by pounds. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I've tried this. I used a 20 pound weight to test my scale, and it said 21 pounds. Did the above suggestion, now says 20.8

Best Answer

I tried your suggestion and it didn’t work. I weighed myself 5 times had my son come in and he’s 10 lbs heavier. After he weighed himself, the scale added 2 extra pounds to my weight after that. Pulled out my old scale and there is a 4 pound difference. How do I get an accurate reading? There has to be another way to calibrate.

Best Answer

This is also the case for me. Multiple weighings right after each other gives different results

Best Answer
If this scale doesn’t calibrate to the doctors scale I can live with that (not very happily, but I can live with it). But the fact that it doesn’t calibrate to itself over time is unacceptable.

This is a supposedly “smart” device. Wouldn’t you think you would be able to manually calibrate it? If I weigh myself at home, then weigh myself 15 minutes later at the doctors office in the same clothes, and the FitBit scale weighs 2.5 pounds heavier than the doctors office, I should be able to use that calibrate the FitBit.

Mary Farrell
Best Answer

i feel like if the answer is “keep taking the batteries out and putting them back in,” the actual answer is “no, you can’t recalibrate it”

mine gave me a 5 pound jump a few  weeks ago and has been consistently 3-4 lbs higher than my old scale, which matches my doctor’s. i don’t really need that kind of help

Best Answer

My husband did this by removing a single battery, waiting 15 seconds, and it’s now weighing correctly. (Weirdly, this didn’t work for me when I removed all the batteries).  It was previously out by a whopping 8 kgs, but apparently it calibrates according the 4 points / feet on the particular floor it’s on. So previously the scale was on a wooden floor and went out of sync when we moved it to a tiled area.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @Nicole_tc

Thank you for taking the time to share the steps that worked out for you. It's good to know that your scale is now weighing correctly, I'm sure this will be helpful for other users as well. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am frustrated because I have tried this. Also I have Aria not Aria 2 and it changed on me last night and won't go back. It is depressing as I have lost 15 pounds and now the scale is saying within seconds I gained 5 of that back. 

Best Answer

I did this 2x, and  the readings were still way off

Best Answer
0 Votes