Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access other options on Aria Air display?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently received an Aria Air. So far, I've only figured out how to get it to display weight, but looking at the little LCD screen there are other options there - BMI, %, ft, cm, up and down arrows - I just haven't figured out how to get them to display or to use them, and I've looked online and not seen any tutorials or options that show how to access these things on the scale. Within the community I've seen the question, but no answers.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Aria Air measures only weight.  Other display units are not used by Aria Air.  I'm guessing it just uses a stock piece on the scale that was cheaper than developing custom piece.

% would have been for body fat, which Fitbit Aria and Aria 2 did measure but have been dropped; ft or cm I suppose some scales might have used to calculate BMI but would not had made sense for fitbit since height is already known.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Aria Air measures only weight.  Other display units are not used by Aria Air.  I'm guessing it just uses a stock piece on the scale that was cheaper than developing custom piece.

% would have been for body fat, which Fitbit Aria and Aria 2 did measure but have been dropped; ft or cm I suppose some scales might have used to calculate BMI but would not had made sense for fitbit since height is already known.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Johnny! It's disappointing that it's just a generic piece. I didn't think the Air did much more than weight, but when I saw the other options I thought maybe it did.

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick bit of info that may help @PurrPrinThom in case you get sync issues. (I'm going to post this to the other topics concerned with sync issues)

I recently purchased a FitBit and the Aria Air - initially I kept getting intermittent connects, suffering the same kind of issues stated in this thread and had to go through the steps described elsewhere for resolution (basically a full re-install). However, I've found that, in my case, just going to "Today" on the phone app before stepping on the scales isn't enough - you have to also go into the "weight" tile (where it has a pic stating "Sync your Weight" and "Step onto Aria Air to get started") and THEN it works when you step on the scale and has worked consistently for me over 3 weeks of testing.

Hope that helps, if I made you smile today its been a good day 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are confused. My husband gets a percentage but I do not. Our phone settings are the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emmaoregan wrote:

We are confused. My husband gets a percentage but I do not. Our phone settings are the same. 

More specific please.  Percentage, meaning body fat %?  From same scale, Aria Air? Showing on scale or on phone app?

Are you really saying your husband is getting body fat % reading from weighing on Aria Air scale, without any other input?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I occasionally have a body fat % show up in the app when I log my weight. It doesn't appear on the scale itself, just in the app, and not all the time. I assume it was calculated based on my height/weight etc., like BMI.

Best Answer
0 Votes
He stood on the scales and had weight. BMI and nosy percentage. I only had the first two.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@emmaoregan wrote:
He stood on the scales and had weight. BMI and nosy percentage. I only had the first two.

Sent from my iPhone

But which model scale?  The original poster was talking about the Aria Air.  Are you really saying you saw weight and BMI on Aria AIr, and husband saw weight, BMI, and body fat % on Aria Air?  I have never known Aria Air to show anything other than weight.

If you are talking about some other model scale, you would be better off starting a new thread instead of tagging on to another thread that is talking about the Aria Air.

Best Answer
0 Votes