Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable body fat measurement from my Aria?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried all of the fixes listed on this board for remedying the vastly inaccurate body fat measurements I get from this scale. I just want to turn off this “feature” since it is of no use to me. My trainer has measured me a few times over the last 6 months and I have dropped to just over 17% body fat, but the aria still insists that nothing has changed and I”m around 33%. Please help me disable this aggravating function of an otherwise useful scale.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can find nothing in the manual or help files that suggest you can turn this off. I fear you will just have to ignore it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I can find nothing in the manual or help files that suggest you can turn this off. I fear you will just have to ignore it.

Best Answer

@topsnooper Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not measuring your body fat percentage accurately. In order to correct this issue, please take out the 4 batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and the issue should get fixed.

Regarding your inquiry, the body fat tracker can't be turned off. This option is not available for the Aria scales. However, if you want to ignore it as my friend @SteveH mentioned, you can go ahead and weigh yourself with socks or shoes and body fat percentage won't be tracked.

Let me know if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now gone through the process you outlined again to the same result - either my scale is malfunctioning or the aria just really sucks at body fat measurement. Given the number of others on this board with the same problem, I’m inclined to believe the latter. I will be searching for a replacement that actually lives up to the manufacturer’s claims but for the time being will try to ignore the bogus data given by this scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@topsnooper Thanks for getting back! It seems that you have tried the troubleshooting steps recommended for this type of issues and had no success. Due to this, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you have any other questions my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Could you also send on my question to support please. I have readings of 24% to 25% on Fitbit Aria 1, I've had my body fat tested and it is 19%. This is also happening to other users on our scales. I also tried taking out the 4 batteries for 15 to 20 seconds and weighing myself 5 times. Same result. The weight is correct but body fat isn't. I hope you can help please. Thanks, Rob

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I found the best solution. Go to your profile and increase your height. Until you match your body fat percentage that you have measured at your gym or other accurate methods such as body measurements.

for example my height  is 6’1” my body fat is at 17.6 the scale shows me 24. Therefore, i changed my height to 6’4” and now the scale is showing 17.6. 

it is a work around but I have no other option. 

let me know if it worked with you. 

Best Answer

The scale is waste of money. My BF is around 19% but the scale has shown 33,5% for the last two months. I don 't have the number of how many times I have taking batteries out , replaced them with 4 new ones etc etc. Dont you really have a better idea how to fix  this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes