Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read "Lean vs Fat" graph?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just started using the aria 2 and I'm having difficulty reading the lean vs fat graph. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms what it's showing me? Many thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Bradders474 Welcome to our Fitbit Community!

Regarding your question, the dark blue line is weight -- coming from the scale or manually entered. The white line is the calculated lean mass. The area in blue is the calculated fat mass. The area below the white line is the calculated lean mass.

Please don't hesitate to get back if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello that is clear to me now, but why there are no numbers ( labels) displayed on the graph ?

it would be easier to read a labeled graph with body fat% and muscle %. 

Can it be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@joannenader  The different versions of the app sometimes display differently.  On the iOS app version of the Lean vs Fat graph, there are two arrow pointing apart.  Tap on the arrows and rotate to landscape.  A light touch and hold over any entry shows a box with the date, lean mass, fat mass, and total weight.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks! This is what I was looking for 😊

Best Answer

@joannenader I'm so glad to hear that the information that shared @LZeeW helped you. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi sometimes for the same weight the lean or fat % will go up or down. How does it determine the lean abs fat breakdown?  And it only works when using the Aria 2 scale (which I have)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so helpful! Thanks. 

Best Answer