Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset your Fitbit Aria scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Posting this as I stuggled to find a solution

So if you are stuggling to do this you need to turn the scales over, remove the battery and look for a small dot on the back of the scale - find a SIM tool and press the button in whilst inserting the battery and the unit should startup in setup mode with all old wifi settings removed.

HTH

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Apee Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I really appreciate your contribution by sharing how to reset the Aria scale. Rest assured that if this button is pressed several times, the Aria may get damaged internally. With this being said, the recommended process to reset the scale is by taking out the 4 batteries for 15 seconds and then put them back in.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I want to reset my scales and want the details logged on my phone Fitbit app to be deleted so I can set it all up again . Please advice . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angeljulia Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Regarding your question, the only way to have your Aria records removed from your Dashboard is to have the whole account removed since the history can't be removed manually. If you want to proceed this way, let me know and I'll be glad to proceed accordingly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great in theory but done this 3 times now without success, like like the op method is next 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MichaelJH Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! Let me help you with the issues you've experienced when trying the restart process. I would just like to know the reason why you would like to restart your Aria.

Is it showing any error message? Is it experiencing any syncing, display or setup issues?

Looking forward to your response! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey JuanJo - that 15 second system fails multiple times. The scale recycles through step off...step on...thinking...for hours.

Best Answer

Maybe you can tell me what to do when my scale decides to get stuck going back and forth from "Step" to "Sensing" and will not stop without some intervention. It's not saying "Step On" or "Step Off" but just "Step - Sensing" over and over again. Please note also that after stepping on the scale first thing in the morning, it requested I "Step Off" but NEVER stopped saying "Step Off" without my intervention of removing the batteries. After reinserting the batteries it told me V39 and the wifi network, correctly. However, it still will not take a reading.

Clearly, removing ALL the batteries for an extended period still does not reset the scale. Please help.

Best Answer