Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track a child's weight on the Aria scale?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We want to track a child's weight only no other fitbit device or mobile tracking.   How?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@mmf04   If your child is age 13 and older, then your child can have his/her own Fitbit account.  No tracker is needed.  You can set the screen on the app to track weight only.  Then you add the child to the scale just like any other user.

If you child is younger than 13, then he/she needs to be part of a Family Account.  Bad news.  There is no Weight tile on the Kid's View of the Family Account.  I think the concern was that Fitbit didn't want children age 8-12 to fixate on weight, with risks of body image issues.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks.  In our eyes that is a limitation.  Should b e able to set my kid oir my pet etc...  and just track weight.  

Best Answer

Agree, I want to have a growth chart for my 1 year old. How great would it be to have that!! It’s not about weight obsession.

Best Answer

Hello @WittyT and a warm welcome.  I found a better app for tracking a child's growth.  It doesn't sync with the Aria family of scales, but I certainly believe that it meets your needs.  Then you can use any scale you wish.  If you have an Aria 2, the specs say it is not intended for use by those under age 13.

It is my hope that families will understand that these limitations exist because of how Fitbit stores data and the laws protecting a child's digital privacy.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info.. Yes I am sure that there are other apps. Understand the privacy issue.    Quite honestly... this question came from us weighing our Corgi for the last 12 months.. :>). I guess the answer is to set up an account for my pet now.  hmmm wonder how many steps she can get on my old clip-on Fitbit.  :>)

Best Answer

Hi,

You can also weigh yourself and then carry your child and weigh the two of you together. That will let you know how much your child weighs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand they don't want kids to have body image issues. That's very fair, but I'm quite annoyed to find this on my searches. My child has just been diagnosed with ADHD and has been put on medication and the Dr has said we must watch his weight like a hawk because it affects appetite (I know I am also on the medication for my adhd) so this was a great way we can watch it for his condition. That should at least be optional for parents to watch for health reasons. I think we will need to set up his account like an adult and lie about the age then on the app. 

Best Answer