Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not set up/add my Aria device to my Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

After moving house I have a new wifi network (router/ modem) and went to setup my aria as per the instructions. 

However, when I went to add the device via the Fitbit App this is the message "we've disconnected updates" and could not go past this point.

Screenshot_20211113-233328_Fitbit.jpg

Please explain why has this happened?

Explain what features may not work?

Is there going to be a fix or will this device be made redundant?

I have a Aria version 39 scale & compatible android mobile phone.

I can confirm I have no issues with the App working and the scale works perfectly like brand new, it still measures my weight and body fat % however cannot sync with my Fitbit App because it cannot connect to my current wifi router/modem which means I have to manually enter my data.

I have also tried to set this up via www.fitbit.com/start but it also cannot get the scale to connect to my new wifi router/modem.

If there is no fix or updated firmware to the Aria please advise. I have not read anywhere on this community forum what is the issue, and as a consumer I believe this is complete wasted purchase/investment. I would have not thought this would have been an issue in the 20th century with all the technology capability in the world. Also as someone who is mindful of the environment and it's current state it is upsetting to think these Aria scale/s across the globe will end up in land fill like all the other electronics that become redundant adding to more pollution in countries where this product was purchased 🤨.

Begs me to question and rethink:

Why is/was there no plan for the Aria scales to be "traded in" for the upgrade or sold back to Fitbit for parts / recycled?

Does Fitbit have a strategy for ensuring all their products (scales & wearables) are environmentally friendly from cradle to grave?

Frustrated and concerned Fitbit User.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Networking Requirements
The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the
following network configurations:
 Wireless 802.11b standard
 WEP / WPA / WPA2 personal security
 Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
Aria requires an 802.11b-compatible network to connect and sync your scale data to
your Fitbit dashboard.

If your new router does not support these requirements, you will not be able to use it with the Aria. The scale does not have to hardware to support new networking protocols. There is no firm wear upgrade and no trade in policy. If you still have your old router, you may be able to connect it to your current network and only use it for your scale. Where I work we have more than one wifi router to handle different situations, one of them being to continue legacy equipment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually am having the same problem.  New Router but it is compatible as other older devices in my home work just fine.

I can see the Aria device listed as one of the available wireless networks, just can’t get it sync’d with my home network.  Even tried to auto sync function on my router.

And btw if your router is provided by your wifi company you don’t get to “keep” your old router for legacy devices..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to fitbit.com/setup a web browser instead of using the app.  Scroll all the way to the bottom and look for an "Aria Setup" link, and then follow the instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem but I never moved or changed my Wi-Fi  but mine connects to Wi-Fi but it won’t connect in my app and puts me as guest only. It never did before. 

Best Answer