Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had alot of respect for the Fitbit Brand but I have to leave. Sorry.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have had alot of trouble with the Aria scales.  Firstly I want to say that I consider myself a very competent and technical user. I work within IT and I'm very familiar with network programming, TCP/IP and operating systems. I only say this to give an indication that the I consider myself in a position to give a fair comment and that I've exhausted all of the reasonable options to try to fix these issues myself.

I have had the original Aria scales and they have worked for at least 2 years, but they stopped working. I was unable to reconnect them to the network. I was successfully navigating the setup phase (as I have done before) but it was failing on the WIFI password phase. Within the pairing dialogue I could see all of the available WIFI networks so I know that the scales had the WIFI capability and that I was proceeding correctly yet the WIFI password kept failing.

I have two seperate WIFI networks within my house and I tried both. In the end I considered that perhaps my WIFIs were operating with a newer encryption protocol that the original Aria scales could not communicate with. I don't believe this is the case as I would have been aware of a FIRMWARE upgrade. Nevertheless, I purchased a the new Aria Air scales.

The Aria Air scales communicate with Bluetooth and I did manage to sync them with my phone. Further, I have taken some readings with the scales. Yet I find that sometimes they just wont communicate. Theres a 50/50 chance whether the communication will work or not. My phone is a brand new Samsung Edge.

Even though the Aria Air scales have worked 5 or 6 times. I have a message within my Fitbit App to "get started with syncing my weight" as though on the one hand it has taken readings yet on the other hand it thinks I havent taken any readings yet.

This is just a software bug, and it's inconsequential in the sense that it's just a message I can happily ignore, but it speaks volumes about the quality of coding that is coming out of Fitbit, and Fitbits attitude to rectifying bugs.

See this : https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/GPS-disconnection-causes-event-to-stop-recording/m-p/485257...

It appears to me that the most likely scenario is that the development team has a huge amount of work to do and creates new features on 1 or 2 week "sprints" and bugs occur that never get ironed out simply because the DEV team are working on something new.  This is just guesswork - but it seems - given the quality of even basic bugs that never get resolved, there is something very wrong in development - most likely Fitbit would rather purue profits than expand their dev team.

I could easily be wrong so I'd very much like to hear if I am - but this (as an experienced IT professional) it how it appears.

I really like the Fitbit products and brand and I've always hung on because I've hoped that Fitbit will reach a plateau where they have enough time to turn their attention to ironing out bugs.

I've really lost confidence and after investing in a Samsung phone and being impressed with their direction, I'm going with them. I'm very sad to do that, as I've said, I really like Fitbit for a longtime, but I cannot stay on this train any longer.

Thankyou.

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0