Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate body fat % and lean mass readings on Aria 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Aria2.  For years, my lean mass was computing around 160, then earlier this year it started computing at around 110... a drop of 50 pounds.  My body has not undergone such dramatic change and I have actually been building muscle mass.  As a result my body fat %s on the scale have jumped up more than 10%.  I have taken out the batteries to reset, but I continue to get these strange readings.  I am 6 feet and 205 pounds. Is anyone else having these types of problems?  Any idea how to fix the scale?  Thx!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @BaffledbyAria, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not providing accurate lean mass and body fat percentage readings accurately. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

In order to fix this issue, I'd like you to re-calibrate your Aria 2 by weighing yourself 5 times in a row. Make sure that you are stepping on the scale barefoot. After this, monitor your Aria 2 during the next 24 hours and see if it provides accurate lean mass and body fat percentage readings.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks JuanJo, I tried 7 consecutive weigh ins, but this problem persists.  I always weigh in barefoot.  I did 100s of weigh ins before May 2019 and they all returned lean body at ~150-160.  Then one day after a 160 lean mass reading in May 2019 it started reporting lean mass of 110s for hundreds of barefoot weigh-ins.  This change in lean mass calculation has nearly doubled my body fat reading.  Note, I originally identified this as an Aria2, but I think it’s an Aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes