Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Aria's WiFi issue finally fixed?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought an aria and 2 weeks later the aria 2 hit the market which was upsetting.  However the most frustrating issue with Fitbit is that my aria would not connect with my new wireless modem when I moved.  I followed the instructions perfectly and it would just go to error and never connect.  I noticed that it would only reconnect with the first wireless modem I set it up with.  I contacted Fitbit and they kept sending me instructions.  However, I found out from others and a former a Fitbit employee that there was a design flaw which limited the aria to only one WiFi connection for its life.  I was so mad that I decided to never spend another dime on a Fitbit because of the dishonesty.  As a result I switched to Apple so and I see many have done the same.  Just no way to run a business where many customers are mentioning the same problem and everyone kept getting the sane answer instead of the company being honest.  So I still use my aria but of course it is not connected as a smart device because it will only connect at my mother’s WIFI.  I have been reading as I wanted to believe that maybe Fitbit cane to their senses and updated the firmware or something and then I could take the aria back to my mom’s house to be updated.  So question is, has the device been updated or should I just throw it away.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Elton,

I agree. My husband and I have to manually add our weights to the fitbit app since the Aria will not connect to our Comcast updated wifi-- as of about a year ago. (such a 1st world problem....)

I'M HOPING THAT SINCE FITBIT IS NOW OWNED BY GOOGLE THAT GOOGLE WILL DELEGATE A FEW SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO ARE TASKED WITH FIXING THIS ISSUE!!!!

Best Answer

I'm wondering if this is my problem. I'm going nuts trying to reconnect my Aria to my phone and/or tablet and it keeps telling me "connected' no internet". Absolutely ridiculous. 

Best Answer