Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lean mode on original Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

on my Aria scale, I swear it used to have a Lean mode option.  I no longer see that.

am I crazy or can someone validate.  Seems like it might have just changed with a new firmware or something.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I have this issue too. Possibly iOS update? My BF% jumped 7% overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think it has anything to do with iOS.  I even went to desktop and logged into settings and the option is gone.

i hope they just didn’t kill it, in efforts to drive upgrades.  Would be a crazy thing to remove a base feature like that.

i am 41, 6’1, 185lbs, I run 15+ miles a week and occasional half marathons, can bench 225, do 18 pull-ups, and I’m like 20% body fat according to the scale.

Best Answer

Yeah, I do caliper readings and sit around 13.7 % and the scale says 19% or 20%. 

Best Answer

Ugh! I have been trying for the last hour to get it back into Lean mode but now it's gone. Glad I'm not the only one.  Won't waste any more time trying to figure this out. Disappointing they removed this!

Best Answer

I think it went a few months ago. I suspect it’s a ploy to get us to upgrade to Aria 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can change it, but last time I checked, you CANNOT change it using the app. You have to log into your Fitbit profile in a web browser and do it that way. Which is stupid. I struggled to find it too. 

Best Answer
Thank you!!!! Wow that is buried. Previously you could easily change in the App. Much appreciated!
Best Answer

Hi there - Can you help me to find the lean setting?

I'm looking in the Aria device settings, but all I see are the scale name, and units (pounds).

Thanks!

Paul Young
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PaulYoung   This may or may not work.  I have an Aria 2, but I searched some images and I see a similar page for the Aria.  When you are on your Aria settings pageon your web dashboard, you have a choice of measurements and people.  Choose people and tap/click on your image.  Is the choice for lean mode there?  That's where it is for the Aria 2.

I would love to know if this is an epic wild guess or no help at all.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you. This is how it used to be done on the Aria 1 but they changed it so the only way to access is going through the website rather than on the app.
Best Answer

I found it. I had to click on my name and the selection appeared.

BTW - my issue seemed to be the opposite of everyone else's, 2 years ago I had set it to LEAN, but post-covid onset I don't qualify anymore.

It was stuck on LEAN, and did not reset with the recent updates.

Thanks to you both for your help!

Paul Young
Best Answer

Sooooo, now I am having issues with the scale, where I have set lean in my profile, but it definitely is not taking.  Says I’m in lean, but the numbers are definitely that of not lean (60% higher than it has always read).  

anyone else seeing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes