Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria can't find my wireless network.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to find my wireless network on the scale. I ran the program through the browser, checked my router settings, even tried the phone app, nothing will even detect my wireless to commence the rest of the setup. The scales work as a guest but i want to be able to connect to my fitbit account as i have the flex as well. This is seriously annoying me and i'm getting to the point of pack up and return the lot! I restarted everything, disconnected it all, and alas the wireless works on my smart tv and my android phone however this device refuses to find it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

I have the same problem. Tried every method to install with no luck and no response from support. I'm very disappointed with the lack of support from fitbit for the Aria.

Best Answer

Fitbit scales use very old technology. where in someone else said they managed to get it to connnect to a 5ghz-N network, I couldnt get it to work via any method.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I struggled for days but I finally got it working.  The problem was my router  was not set to incliude 802.11b.  Also, I was able to connect via an extender.  The extender name had to be changed to eliminate the- .  I also eliminated the spaces.  My ISP provider was very helpful in settin my router correctly.

Best Answer

We will try this next.  I am beyond frustrated!!!

Best Answer

@Calder3328 It's great to have you aboard in the Community! So sorry to hear that your network can't find your Aria scale. Please try the setup process that is advised in this thread, which includes a video.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. My scale was connected with my network once ( after hell of struggle with connecting it ) but it lost the connection and had no luck with finding a way to see the networks again. Well the scale see ANY network avaiable, not only mine. This product is very frustrating. I heard that stress helps with loosing weight but it's not the best way to do so I believe. Hey Fitbit! Improve that scale please. 

Best Answer

@Kondijk Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale stopped syncing with your network. I would like to know if you have made changes to your network such as password, router or network settings. Also, let me know if any error message appears while trying to connect your scale.

Finally, please watch the video in this post and let me know if this is the way you were trying to set up your Aria.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan. Thanks for answering. I've seen that video. And no, I didn't changed the network settings. I tried to make a setup of the scale from the beginning many times. Usually any network is visible, so the setup is impossible to make. Sometimes ( yes I did it MANY times ) while the networks are visible, and I'm able to connect the scale to my network, at the end there's a message with an ERROR at the scale display. ( V39, model number FB201B )

Best Answer

Aria uses very (and I mean very) old WiFi technology, your router needs to be capable of supporting all of:

- crowded 2.4GHz band

- slow and ancient 802.11b spec (usually it's called 802.11b/g/n mixed mode in the modern router's software)

- finally - old WPA-PSK protocol instead of a newer, more secure WPA2 (with AES encryption I believe)

visibility of all the networks around you is normal, from that step you have to choose from the list your network that should support all of the above.

Best regards

Best Answer

thanks Deng. That means that I should use some old router on top of the one I have? would that help? And again, once the scale was connected with my network, but it is not anymore, and I can't make it back there again. But it should be possible if it was. right? Best. K

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales sees my network, my iPhone sees the scale, my Mac sees the scales; I enter my password I northern to connect the scale to the network and then it tells me "the selected network was not found"...  extremely frustrating!

Best Answer

Kondijk,

no, I don't think replacing routers would help because it was working for you.

But I'd double check your router settings just to be sure everything is set up correctly.

Last time it took me 1hr of fiddling with settings because I forgot how ancient it was and had to reenable all of the above settings because I disabled them when I received new router from my cable operator.

Dubebarry,

I've had similar problem when there was only WPA2 enabled on my router instead of WPA/WPA2.

The network was visible, the scale tried to connect but in the end it finished with an error.

Best regards

Best Answer

Guys, I made it works! First, I had same problem: No networks visible at all on iphone or macbook in safari / chrome but scale show me message that networks were discovered. I have tried resseting, changing browsers, disabling ad-block. But I have finally made it works with application I had to install on my laptop. https://www.fitbit.com/eu/setup I don't know why there is no easy way to find out this app, but I found it in Help -> Product Help -> Aria -> Setup. After I installed software - it works like charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome! Somehow we finally got ours working but what a challenge it was!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

What did you do to finally get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this at all **ahem**ing hard! I mean really?!? Convoluted and failing left and right. Of course mine doesn't work either. When I connect the battery it says  HI! 🙂 (Cute but stick to **ahem**ing business OK? I didn't pay for your **ahem**ing smileys!) then says V39 and then Setup Active. No it doesn't say what my Wifi is and if I go through the steps I get a Wifi symbol and an "X" indicating it failed to talk to my Wifi. But I have no way to tell it what my Wifi is because I have to reset the **ahem** device and then, within a short time period, know the magic procedure to squeeze both the bottom left an bottom right parts of the scale within a specified time period. Are we playing **ahem**ing video games here?!? Why not tell me what Wifi I'm connected to and **ahem**ing PAUSE and wait for me to acknowledge that I want to change it or not!!!

Oh but not that would make too much **ahem**ing sense and besides it doesn't even allow me to do this because it immediately jumps to Setup Active. What are horribly stupid UI design!!!

I had this thing working for 2 years at one place and another 2 years at another place but now I can't get it configured for the live of me because the UI is horribly broken. Stupid **ahem**ing product...

Best Answer

I had mine setup for a couple years.  We had to get a new router and changed our wireless connection name so I tried to reinstall last night.  All goes fine until I have to reconnect to our wireless (after connecting to aria wireless).  Our does not show up -- all the other ones do but not the one I need to connect to.  This is beyond frustrating!

Best Answer

Hello everyone and it's great to see you here @Grumpyswife! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your new router. I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale could be set up. In the meantime, please let me know if your scale displays any error message while tries to sync your data. Also, let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
We finally got it to work. Sorry for not updating that here.
I don’t remember what my husband did to fix it

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer