Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria can't find my wireless network.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to find my wireless network on the scale. I ran the program through the browser, checked my router settings, even tried the phone app, nothing will even detect my wireless to commence the rest of the setup. The scales work as a guest but i want to be able to connect to my fitbit account as i have the flex as well. This is seriously annoying me and i'm getting to the point of pack up and return the lot! I restarted everything, disconnected it all, and alas the wireless works on my smart tv and my android phone however this device refuses to find it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

@Calder3328 I'm glad to hear that you guys were able to fix the issue! thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My aria sees every network but mine. Is there a way I can make it see mine?

Best Answer

@k_bunt Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria doesn't recognize your network. Please let me know the following details that will help me to assist you accordingly: How far is your scale from your router? What is the make and model of your router? Have you made changes to your network recently (router, router settings or WiFi password)?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. My scale sees every network but mine. Yes I did recently change internet providers but all my other devices have no issue finding my wifi. The only way I have been able to connect my scale is if I use my phones hotspot which I don't leave on. There has to be another way or Fitbit needs to come up with an update for this scale to be able to connect to newer internet connections. People spend a bunch of money on these scales the least that Fitbit could do is provide updates with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rebecca08 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still unable to connect with your new network. Please let me know what is the make and model of your router. This information will help me to assist you accordingly.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, just to answer your questions, 

1) when I was trying to set up my scale it was about 4 feet from the modem.

2) my modem is new to us, as we moved. It is a rogers ignite modem.

3) yes, we did make changes to the network, because we moved. In saying that every other device we have has connected without issue. My aria scale, on the other hand, doesn’t even see the network.

hopefully you can come up with something to fix this problem. 

Thanks

Kristi

Best Answer
0 Votes

@k_bunt Thank you for getting back and providing the details requested previously. Since you mentioned that you received a new router, please make sure that it runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and the password is alphanumerical. These details can be reviewed with your Internet service provider.

In the meantime, please take a look at this help article and follow the instructions that are listed. The steps is to re-connect your scale to a new network.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. I'm feel sooo frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BLMac Welcome board to the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your WiFi either. However, I want to follow up and would like to know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue:

- Is your Aria displaying any error message?

- Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)?

- What's the make and model of your router?

Looking forward to your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

Yes, I have moved cities and so have a new W-fi connection.

* The new router is a Huawei 4G router D616, LTECat11-4X4MIMO- Wi fi 2.4GHz 2 5GHz and I have checked with my broadband provider that this is compatible to devices on 802.11 b/g/n

* I have tried to set up and sync both on my Mac book pro and my iphone *8 (IOS) and using the process on the fitbit website (and have consulted multiple you tube videos/ blogs and that process is the same) The same thing happens every time...... I'm able to connect the scale to my network, then at the final pairing there's a message with ERROR on the scale display and "try again" on my device (and I have tried again multiple times and the exact same thing happens). Argh!! I have been trying for 3 days now and nothing changes.

Please can you help

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BLMac Thank you for your response and thank you for providing the details requested.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I checked with my internet provider and my router works with 802.1 and has 2.4ghz. I don’t need to look T the articles as I have moved and changed providers many times while I have had my aria and I know how to set it up. My internet provider said that some devices with older technology may not work with the newer technology  I would buy the newer aria, but I am afraid I would have the same problem.

kristi

Best Answer
0 Votes

@k_bunt I'm sorry for the late response. However, I will send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

Please keep an eye on your email account.

Let me know if you have more questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I need to remove this post or something. Lol. It’s extremely old.
We are all set!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

After endless hours of trying to fix my Aria scale I was finally told by the support chat that since it was 6 months out of warranty I have to buy a new one. I would be a fool to throw new money into a scale that has so many complaints against it. Why doesn't the company build a scale that is worth the price that they charge! 

Best Answer

It's 2019 and I am still having the same issues. I have looked at multiple threads about this same issue and the only support moderators give is to give a link to the setup process that already isnt working. 

I am able to connect to my Aria 1, but when the list of available wireless networks comes up, my network is not a part of this list. How do I fix this? 

Best Answer

In the same boat. Had our Aria for several years, never any problems connecting to Wifi. On January 4 of this year, it just decided to stop. We didn't make any changes to our hardware, network, or ISP. Everything is identical. It just stopped working. Now when I go through setup it won't find my network despite the fact that it's 1 foot away from a very powerful wireless access point. Finds all the other weak networks in my neighborhood, but not the very strong one that every other device has no problem accessing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've given up trying. I know it is because of my new broadband channels but the drama to try and re-set my broadband was too much for me. I went back to my old address and old fibre broadband connection on the weekend (a 6 hour drive) and it paired perfectly, so it has to be the Huawei wi-fi broadband that Im now using. I tried following the instructions that Fitbit support gave me (in conjunction with my wi-fi provider) and my wi-fi wouldn't let me log in, so I've given up. It really should not be this hard. Not a good user experience fitbit. No other device is this difficult to set up.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Best advice for Fitbit products is, return them. Apple makes better all around products and so does Garmin.

I got rid of my Fitbit products and switched to garmin and apple. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Thanks for the info.
😃
I am still on fitbit, but would love to try something different in near future.
Appreciate the suggestions

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer