Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria can't find my wireless network.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to find my wireless network on the scale. I ran the program through the browser, checked my router settings, even tried the phone app, nothing will even detect my wireless to commence the rest of the setup. The scales work as a guest but i want to be able to connect to my fitbit account as i have the flex as well. This is seriously annoying me and i'm getting to the point of pack up and return the lot! I restarted everything, disconnected it all, and alas the wireless works on my smart tv and my android phone however this device refuses to find it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hello. No matter what I do. Refreshing wont show my network and joining a different network says that my network doesnt exist. 

I'm getting very frustrated cause I bought the scale and have not been able to use it. It's become a paperweight and I'm so close to trashing it.

Best Answer

have tried ‘join other network’ ? aka manual method - where you type in the SSID network name and it’s login password

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have, every time I try to input my own information it tells me that my network doesnt exist.
Best Answer

I don't know if this will help, but...

I recently upgraded my home wireless from a Linksys access point to a fancy UniFi setup with multiple access points, and had a terrible time getting the Aria to talk to my wireless network.

Turns out there are a couple of headaches involved with the 1st gen Aria scales.

• ONLY works with 2.4GHz wireless networks
  • Requires that 802.11b legacy support be turned on in your wireless router/access point
  • Requires that the 1mbps data rate be enabled for your 2.4GHz wireless network.

I'd been struggling with my Aria for a while, and it wasn't until I saw this discussion on the Ubiquiti forums that the light came on for me.  Basically, the Aria can only "see" networks that support really low data rates, and my UniFi network was set...to not support really low data rates.  So the trick was to enable minimum data rate control, then set the minimum data rate to 1mbps.  Crazy.  It may be a setting available to you in your router/access point as well, I know I've seen it in routers I've owned in the past.  Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer

I have tried those steps and confirm my router's wireless settings, but no networks are visible on the setup and I simply get the message "Can't find the device".  It was formerly connected but I changed my router recently, but not the SSID or the password, and now there is no recognition of any networks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,

B.H.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What kind of router do you have?  Have you confirmed that the 2.4GHz mode is active?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is now sorted ...I ended up buying a new Aria

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the problem.  New routers don't even offer the 802.11b option, so would need to find an older wifi extender that does connect to 802.11g, but can rebroadcast in 802.11b.  Then Aria should be able to find the network and set up (security? who needs it!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shut up with your “great to have you onboard” nonsense and get your crap equipment working. Why do you sell such junk?!!

Best Answer

@wrbluepearl wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but...

I recently upgraded my home wireless from a Linksys access point to a fancy UniFi setup with multiple access points, and had a terrible time getting the Aria to talk to my wireless network.

Turns out there are a couple of headaches involved with the 1st gen Aria scales.

• ONLY works with 2.4GHz wireless networks
  • Requires that 802.11b legacy support be turned on in your wireless router/access point
  • Requires that the 1mbps data rate be enabled for your 2.4GHz wireless network.

I'd been struggling with my Aria for a while, and it wasn't until I saw this discussion on the Ubiquiti forums that the light came on for me.  Basically, the Aria can only "see" networks that support really low data rates, and my UniFi network was set...to not support really low data rates.  So the trick was to enable minimum data rate control, then set the minimum data rate to 1mbps.  Crazy.  It may be a setting available to you in your router/access point as well, I know I've seen it in routers I've owned in the past.  Hope this helps someone.

I'd just like to thank you for your input.

I also have a Unifi access point that my Aria was connected to and working with fine until last week.

It just stopped seeing it and when I went to set it up again it could see all other wifi networks available just not my one.

I created a second SSID on my access point as test and it found that and could connect fine.

Both networks were exactly the same except for name and password but when I did what you said and enable the minimum rate stuff it started working again.

Dunno why this happened in the first place. Maybe a firmware update on my UAP-AC-PRO but it's all good now so thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it did actually work fine for about the first six months that I had the UniFi setup, then just stopped working one day.  My Cloud Key was set up to auto install updates, so it was probably some default setting value that changed when the update was rolled out.  It took me about four hours of searching, rebooting the scale, and general fooling around to get it working again.  I don't know that this is really Fitbit's fault, as the first-gen Aria is now relatively old (2013-ish), and the stuff that Ubiquiti did was not something you see in consumer-grade wireless gear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

try using incognito mode in the web browser (after your router setting is 8011b). That worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

could you guide my to where i set the 2,4GHz in Unifi controller

Solved😁👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

so sorry but I just couldn't do it at all and ended up buying a new Aria and that set up easy by just following the instructions....it was a while ago now so I cant remember exactly what i did sorry

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had connection issues finding and connecting to WiFi since day 1!  Countless hours trying to find YouTube video to help but I am still not connected!  In the “available wireless networks” page my network is not showing...  I type in the name in the join other network section and still unsuccessful.  Then I look at my scale and it is flashing “network detected”...   well where is mine?  I’m standing right by the router with the scale.  Why have this scale of it doesn’t work????  If your technology can’t find my network of course I can’t connect!  Dated and sad I spent money on this!

Best Answer

So this may be too little too late, but I just spent the last 5 hours fighting with this issue and I managed to figure it out.

To be clear the exact situation I had was when the scale would scan for WiFi networks it would show some networks, but not mine. I thought it was some kind of caching issue where it would not show networks it had connected to before.

Ultimately it turned out that even though I had 802.11b enabled on my router, I needed to turn on some kind of "legacy mode" that allowed for very low bandwidth connections. When I turned that one, my network showed up in the list of available networks.

I don't think this is technically any kind of issue with the scale, other than it's using super old wifi standards and a lot of modern routers either don't support them anymore or don't support them by default.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this feedback , but this isn't my problem. My issue is that out of the blue My Aria simply stopped updating data to my Fitbit app. The only thing I could put it down to is that my ionic went completely flat and I had to recharge it. In my app my Aria is synced with my app but when I update and sync on my phone my Aria isn't updating data to the App. Someone in this group suggested that I take a battery out and replace it a few times but now it's just returning a V27 error message. Argh!!! I think I will now have to try removing and re-syncing the Aria in my Fitbit App...Such a pain!! Honestly Fitbit...your customer experience record is not good and you really leave yourself wide open for a competitor stealing all your clients

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, gtilly(jogger), that squares with my experience. In my case, I replaced a D-link wi-fi network extender with a wi-fi booster from my broadband supplier that the supplier recommends as compatible with the router it also supplies. That combination supports all protocols including legacy and the old Aria has not missed a beat since!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up buying a brand new Aria because my internet provider would not help me and the new Aria linked ok and was working fine until now ...even though it's all linked up to my app and was syncing and updating perfectly, out of the blue now it isn't updating to my app when I sync my app...Argh!! To be honest I'm so over it!!!

Blanche

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watched the video.. Exactly how I'm trying to setup.. I can see all random wireless connections from neighbors, but it doesn't pick up my network? Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes