Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria can't find my wireless network.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything to find my wireless network on the scale. I ran the program through the browser, checked my router settings, even tried the phone app, nothing will even detect my wireless to commence the rest of the setup. The scales work as a guest but i want to be able to connect to my fitbit account as i have the flex as well. This is seriously annoying me and i'm getting to the point of pack up and return the lot! I restarted everything, disconnected it all, and alas the wireless works on my smart tv and my android phone however this device refuses to find it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73
You need to set up a wifi extender that rebroadcasts in 80211b, as most new
ones are in N or AC. There are a number for sale on Amazon. Just make
sure they list 80211b as one of the bands.

--
-Paulo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done this 8 times and like the folks above the problem isn't that we aren't following instructions its that when we get to the "Available Wireless Networks" page our network isn't listed and when we Join Other Network and type our SSID in - it doesn't recognize it. My Aria worked perfectly up until Jan 25. Then it just stopped. What in the world? I remember there being an update. What did y'all do?????

Best Answer
0 Votes
My understanding is that the Aria scale will only work on 2.4ghz systems.
If you have a wifi unit that is newer it is likely 5 & that is why the
scale will not work.
Throw it away, it's not worth the aggrevation is my advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar setup (Ubiquiti gear) and this worked for me. my stupid Aria has been offline for 2 years! thanks wrbluepearl!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and found that my Aria Scale only works with 2.4Ghz.  My new internet only supports 5Ghz.  I bought the Aria Air and it is Bluetooth only.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same here...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So...after spending the last few frustrating hours attempting to reset my Aria scale, am I to understand that my scale will not sync with a 5ghz wifi network (standard these days) and there's essentially nothing I can do to remedy the situation?  It's super disappointing that there's nothing on the support site about this issue and customers are left to discover this on their own (after wasting a perfectly nice weekend afternoon). Fitbit techs, if you're on this thread, please let me know if there's anything I can do to get my scale to sync with my account.  Yes, I have followed all the instructions to a "T" and have watched the video that reiterates the instructions. I have followed all the steps, but once connected to the Aria network, the device does not detect any networks (none at all and there are several in the general area).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically that is my understanding as well. I have no intention of replacing a scale that works well otherwise, so I’m entering my weight and fat% manually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I’m going to try to set up a 2.4 GHz guest network, but if that doesn’t work, I’ll go old school.

I'm going to try to set up a 2.4 GHz network. If that doesn't work, I'll go old school too.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't connect to any 2.4ghz network. As I said it needs to broadcast in 80211b which can be done by adding a cheap wifi extender from Amazon that will use those bands. Then you have to use the internet link to connect to your account not the app once you've done it you won't have to do it again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Very helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having zero luck setting up Aria to new network until I stumbled in UTube article describing the use of an old wireless router as an access point. 1. Clear old wireless network name from Aria using paper clip in small hole on bottom of ARIA. Resets to factory zero. 2.  Sign on to setup on old router. Turn off DHCP. Reset IP address to 198.162.1.256. In wireless settings reset protocol to 811.2b. Rename router same name as your local network. 3.  Plug old wireless into gateway. Connect other end of network cable to any one of 1-4 connections, not the internet port. 4.  Initiate Aria Set Up Looking. 5.  Advance to detecting network. You will see your home network to connect to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I’ll give that a try.
Best Answer

Correction.  802.11b protocol 

Best Answer
0 Votes