Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria displays a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I chatted with Eileen from FB support last night.  Aria scale Out of warranty, she truly does empathize with my current predicament and the support she can offer.  But hey %25 off coupon... what more could I ask ,right?   

This is the second time I've endured this frustrating message.  If it really is as simple as replace the sensor bracket, I would be happy to crack open the Aria and replace one or all of them.  I like my other FB products, such as the HR.  I Frequent the challenges, they are neat, fun and keep me engaged.  OK, well, the HR band is currently held on with super glue. It's ok I made it work.  I  like the statistics.     Oh and I had to re-deploy an old DSL wireless modem/router to work with the B protocol as that's the only language the Aria speaks.  That took a bit of doing. I'm good with that. 

I'm not good with feeling abandoned.   We will see if this post gets any attention.   I am hoping so, but expect not.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

@Dogmatix I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale. I appreciate your update and your feedback as this helps us to keep improving our services and products.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also thinking it’s a firmware update issue. I’ve taken it apart, don’t see anything obvious, no broken plastic pieces, no obvious broken wires, very disappointed that Fitbit can’t get their act together. This has obviously been going on a long time.  I will not replace with a Fitbit product. 

Best Answer

@cg7 Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that same message.  I too am out of warranty.  Only had the thing for about two years.  I was offered free shipping on a purchase of another model.  Can you believe it.  FREE SHIPPING!  Who could pass up the opportunity to buy another bad product with the incentive of free shipping.  Way to treat your  customers, I mean former customers.  Done and done with this company.  

Best Answer

Really JuanJo???  Is that the best you can do?  Please tell me that this is not all Fitbit has to offer their customers.  So many customers and so many defective products. Surely there is more. 

Best Answer

@pinto2103 @cg7 I know that this is not the solution you are looking for and I'm sorry that your scales stopped working and are not under warranty.

Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policy.

Best Answer

Well........It’s really not a solution at all is it?   A solution implies there is a remedy which corrects a problem. I don’t see any fixes posted by Fitbit that helps any of the customers that have been a victim of this defective product

Best Answer

@cg7 I know that this is frustrating for you. Your feedback has been sent to our team. We appreciate your understanding with the warranty policy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks reading everyone’s comments put me at ease I tried every trouble shooting technique I’m going to try this one. To hear I’m outside the warranty is sad and knowing Fitbit acknowledged this as a manafacters known reported defect % they should have offered to have them repaired or replaced outside warranty or not . I will never order from them again but sadly I still want to use my scale paid enough for it I want it to work 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m right there with you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I threw mine in the trash and bought a new one from weight gurus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I threw mine away and bought one from weight gurus

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I just ran into the same problem.  I tried the online chat, after having to give them all my information twice, I got disconnected...  you think they would have emailed me to get to the problem..  NO!  So I called and spoke to the "Advocate" (seriously?).  Anyway, after giving her the information again, I was told that it was a defective sensor and there is no repairing the scale, but she did offer me "free expedited shipping on a new one" .  Declined.  I will now buy a cheapo digital scale and it will probably last the same amount of time that this one did.  Not Happy!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh well! My Aria scale is showing this error after the battery change and after what I read where I'm feeling quite frustrated! Well at least I actually didn't loose any money as it was a gift...but nevertheless this is pretty shameful...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. This is HORRIBLE customer service!

Best Answer
Why yes, yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started getting the step off, thinking err message and spent several hours re-setting up the scale and searching the internet without success.  Just read this thread and am somewhat surprised that Fitbit hasn't fixed what appears to be a software error.  It's not like a scale or its parts should wear out. Certainly will look for a different brand and not waste more time looking for an elusive fix.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

The page is not found.

Best Answer

Yes, same old story. My Withings scale works perfectly. Happy with it. Also my Fitbit HR watch stopped taking a charge. Looking at the online info, this is also a common problem and Fitbit has not put forth a reliable solution. Replaced it with an Apple Watch. I’m done with Fitbit and subpar customer service!

Best Answer
0 Votes