Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My aria scale connection says unsecure network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently moved and I have a new network and password.  I've tried all the steps several times, watched the video on how to set up, how to change internet connection, and all the above. I was able to get my scale back in set up mode and that's about where I'm stuck.  I tried from my smartphone, ipad, and desktop computer.  Every time I get to the part to select the aria in my internet connections, I select it and then nothing because it says unsecure network and both the desk top and smart phone will not let me go any further because I lose internet connection with the connection.  I tried it with Google chrome, internet explorer and safari.  Nothing.  I'm getting so frustrated!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MeliM Thank you for providing your router's information! Please make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and the password is alphanumerical only and contains less than 31 characters. Once you've changed your router to those settings, please try the setup process one more time.

This information can be reviewed with your Internet service provider.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@smayotaylor I’d recommend using just your computer to set up the Aria, as switching WiFi on the phone / tablet can cause complications. What OS do you have on your computer and were you using the Fitbit setup app, which you can get here Aria Set Up

The program should switch from your home network to the Aria’s without hiccough, and then back again when finished.

Best Answer

@smayotaylor It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is not connecting with your new network. I'd like you to make sure of some details and let me know if they apply: Is your WiFi password alphanumerical, without special characters? Is your router protocol on 802.11b? If not, please contact your Internet service provider so they can help you to change this setting on your router.

@SunsetRunner I appreciate your help in this thread my friend!

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue although there have been no changes to my home network. The scale just stopped syncing with my app. This has happened several times before and I’ve rebooted my router or gone through the set up process again and the scale has reconnected. This time though I’ve hit the unsecure network pop up on both my smart phone and my computer when I try to set up. I can’t get past this.

Best Answer

@CO2 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped syncing with your network all of a sudden. Please let me know the following details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Is your Aria scale showing any error message? What's the make and model of your router?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my WiFi and I don’t see why this is so difficult! Why does it default to an unsecured network and you can’t proceed? 

Best Answer

@MeliM Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues that you are experiencing between your Aria scale and your new WiFi. I would like to know what is the make and model of your router. Also, let me know if your scale is displaying an error message. This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

I appreciate your time and response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale is not showing an error. I am able to use it. I will have to get
the make and model of the router they just swapped out.

Thanks for the follow up.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MeliM Thank you for getting back! Thank you also for taking the time to get the make and model of your router. I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

NETGEAR ADSL2 + MODEM ROUTER
MODEL: D2200D-1FRNAS

Thank you,

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MeliM Thank you for providing your router's information! Please make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b, bandwidth 2.4GHz and the password is alphanumerical only and contains less than 31 characters. Once you've changed your router to those settings, please try the setup process one more time.

This information can be reviewed with your Internet service provider.

Best Answer
0 Votes