Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Aria scale feature requirements

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Aria 1 is chewing through batteries right now because it is failing to turn off properly after weighing. Upon looking to buy an Aria 2 I found out that it was discontinued rather abruptly. The Air is missing 2 absolute musts for me (body fat % and WiFi) so there is no chance I will buy one. I'm really starting to get fed up with Fitbit with their subpar products and service and I've only stuck with them so long because of the scale and family step competitions. This could be the nail in the coffin if they don't make a good replacement, and soon.

So here are my requirements for what my smart scale needs in 2021.

• Rechargeable battery
  • Weight to the 1/10th of a lb
  • Weight displayed and logged as accurately as measured, not a guess based on pass weights
  • Body Fat mass/%
  • Water mass/%
  • Muscle mass/%
  • Bone mass/%
  • WiFi connection using latest WiFi standards. This means n, ac, and ax
  • Bluetooth compatible with Android and iOS
  • Under $200

How about you all, in their new scale (if they are even making one, who knows because their marketing and service is so poor) what are your requirements or requests?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I haven't found a WiFi enabled device that doesn't use 2.5 ghz. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Solmors i definitely understand your point and the fact that Aria Air is not a suitable product. I wonder why Fitbit stop selling the Aria 2 without having a new product. Also it is strange that the Air is on sale now like if Fitbit want to exit from this market.

However fitbit has a good API available so there are many manufacturers that produce scales compatible with Fitbit.

I personally bought a Renpho, at a fraction of the price of the correspondent Fitbit, and I'm definitely very happy. Only missing feature is the WiFi connection so I have to start the Renpho app but the quantity of reliable information and and excellent sync with Fitbit make the purchase definitely worthy.

Best Answer
0 Votes