Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hope for Aria2 Scales? Would buying Aria Air fix the problem?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After combing through every thread and help sections, I am unable to get my Aria 2 to recognize me as a user and not a guest. Pretty much I have a very expensive, very basic scale that will only tell me my weight and not even my BMI at this point. I've tried resyncing to my network, unregistering and re-registering my user name, changing my network, stepping on the scale 5 times in a row, (there was another advice saying to look up recent weigh ins and manually assign them to a user but though my aria 2 scale says connected it doesn't update this area). I read that since Google bought fitbit they're quietly phasing out older devices to push their own updated devices, going by the complete lack of help I've read that other users are getting when the contact the company, I find myself agreeing more and more with this statement. But before I put loads of money into moving to another fitness tracking company, I wanted to see if anyone tried and was successful in getting an aria to connect to their account by switching to the Aria Air. The last thing I want to do is buy a scale that does exactly what my old one is doing. Any advice or help would be appreciated, thank you! 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

the Air doesn't connect via WiFi only... your own phone's Bluetooth. I got one and am returning it, very dissatisfied.

Best Answer

Hello @AddisonVenture and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit removed that option to re-assign a weight a few months ago.  I think it was done over a privacy complaint -- weights weren't private at all, despite Fitbit's claim.  My Aria 2 thinks I'm a guest on my own scale every two weeks or so and it has done this for a long time.  When this happens, I weigh myself wearing socks.  I get a question mark in a head icon and the scale asks me to identify the user -- I see my icon with an X on the left and a check mark on the right.  I tap my foot in the upper right of the scale and that weight goes to me, but there is no body fat.  I repeat it with socks, then one or two more times to make sure my scale recognizes me.  If this workaround ever stops working, I will replace my Aria 2 with a different brand.

The Aria Air isn't a complete replacement for an Aria 2.  It doesn't have the hardware to calculate body fat percent.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

You were right! I read your comment and decided to just give it another try and my scale recognized me and updated my app! So curious why it just randomly decides not to recognize users.... Thank you for the advice.

Best Answer

Ooo, will definitely not be investing in one then. Managed to get my Aria2 working, so glad I didn't get the air! Thank you!

Best Answer