Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Aria Scales will not sync to FitBit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few posts here on Aria stopping working.

Mine now will not connect, say NO SYNC to Fitbit when trying to connect.

I hope they have not removed support as they were one piece of Fitbit hardware that was robust🤣🤣🤣

Here is the support chat which is ominous

22:40:43 System: Thanks for waiting. Please provide as many details as you can so we can get you back on track.
22:40:55 Agent: Santiago B.: Hi Matthew! My name is Santiago from Fitbit customer support and I am happy to assist you today! How may I help you?
22:41:55 Matthew P.: Hi Santiago, I have original Aria scales that have stopped working, they shoy 'no sync' to fitbit. Have you guy stopped supporting them as I read that online
22:43:22 Agent: Santiago B.: Thanks for reaching out to us regarding the issue about your Aria scales that have stopped working. I will forward your case to the corresponding support team, they will be contacting shortly by email to continue assisting you
22:44:10 Matthew P.: OK do you have my email address?
22:44:29 Agent: Santiago B.: Yes, we have your email address associated to your Fitbit account
22:44:52 Agent: Santiago B.: Have a nice stay and stay safe, Thank you for contacting Fitbit. This chat will close automatically.
22:45:01 System: The chat is ended.
22:45:01 System: Santiago B. left the chat.

More news later

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Have you recently updated your wifi?  I'm no wifi expert but I think the original Aria has trouble with newer wifi protocols.  Note that the Aria (and Aria 2) do not actually sync directly to your Fitbit but go through your wifi to the fitbit server first.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!

Well I’m no expert but it was connected to my Vodafone which was changed about 6months ago. It worked fine but not anymore.

It was OK, the WiFi was turned off for a period for some decorating but everything else came back online fine.

The mystery continues!

Cheers

Matt

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You will never get a response. Looks like aria support dept is null and void. I have been trying for over 30 days. As for syncing, the new wifi protocols are set at 5ghz . You will need to request your wifi provider to switch your router to 2.4ghz temporarily while you setup wifi syncing.  However no guarantee this will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!

Fitbit deleted my original reply.

I think the Wifi is OK as its duel band, it was connected fine until a day ago.

Fitbit support is next level useless, very bad experience for me with the Versa recall.

I have bought some scales that sync to Fitbit for £25 which seems cheap to put this behind me🤣

Onwards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you on the latest version of the software?  Mines on firmware: Firmware version: 23.27.2.0

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mean firmware update of the Fitbit app? Or the scale?
Since I can't link, sync or connect to wifi, I cannot update the software
on the scale. I have software updated, deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app
on both my phone and ipad. Not working. It seems to me Fitbit intends on
phasing out the scales.
I was given a tip to use third party or different brand of scale that can
be synced with Fitbit. Easier and significantly cheaper.

Regards, Karen Northover
Best Answer
0 Votes

i go to fitbit.com and look at my fitbit devices by clicking the watch looking icon next to my profile button in upper right.

Maybe try deleting the Aria in your smartphone app, then readding Aria using your smart phone app?

Maybe google upgraded something like TLS1.2 and the older scales are TLS1.0 only...

Whatever the case Fitbit/google should be telling people why scales broke.

Best Answer
yes I did that. removed Aria 2 all together, first added using my phone so
went through the setup mode. then did it again but used my ipad.
interesting though, I connected and synced my aria air just fine. the
newer version Aria 2 is the problem.
With Regards,
*Karen Northover*
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am have same issue. When I follow the instructions after it stopped syncing, I log into the scale WIFI but the window I am supposed to be staying on logs out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that also but the aria wifi never showed up on my list of available
networks. So that was a dud. Factory reset didn't work either. I've
replaced my modem and router to a brand new one, had it the router set to
2.4 and literally stood next to the router. It will pair but not connect to
the Wi-Fi network, just keeps searching. .then error "unable to connect to
internet"
I think the aria 2 scales are duds. This is a known issue and Fitbit is
trying to phase out the support for this device. Better to buy devices from
other stores, they are designed to work with several fitness apps including
FitBit.

Regards, Karen Northover
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey KarenNorthover, thanks for sharing how long you've been attempting to contact the Fitbit support team with zero response. I tried the same a few days ago, via the "Live" help. All I got was an email listing the same set/reset procedures as listed here in the site. What a waste of time!!  Regarding using 2.4ghz  while WiFi syncing. It doesn't work. I have 2.4ghz for my router and the Aria 2 still does not respond. All I get on my mobile phone while attempting to reset my Aria 2 via the app is "An error occurred, please try again later". Well, I've been trying again later for over a month. Fitbit doesn't care, they got our money, and more from the "Premium" subscribers. What a scheme. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes