Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Aria Air won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/8/2019: Hi everyone - this issue has now been resolved. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Hello Aria Air customers - we are aware of an issue that is currently preventing your Aria Air from syncing properly. If you set up Aria Air after 10/28, you will not be able to sync until this issue is resolved. 

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more details on this fix, and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best Answer
195 REPLIES 195

Thanks Juan but if you read this stream of posts you would clearly see the vast majority of us have read your post and searched for any additional information to get our Aria Air to sync.  Unfortunately there is NO remedy as there is no way to connect to something that will not connect.  In other words I have a defective device so it is being returned to Fitbit tomorrow. 

Best Answer

Hey @peterdw , thank you for your reply and further information. I read the thread. And as I explained in my last post. The provided steps on my original answer, have helped a lot of users. I know and I see where your post and concern come from, but here on the forums, we can only see the users that the steps did not helped. For those, is our Team working on a solution.  I can understand and respect your decision if you want to return your Aria Air. 

I would like to ask you for a bit more patience, but won't insist if you have taken your decision. 

I appreciate your feedback. 

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I follow the directions that came with it.  I followed all the direction on customer support page.  I followed all the directions when I called customer service.  It still doesn't work.  Even if it did work I would have to open the app and tell it to add my weight.  How is that different than using a regular scale.  I give up.  I am returning it.

Best Answer

Sorry @JuanFitbit, I see no evidence that those steps have helped anyone in this thread at all.

Best Answer

I have ios latest version and my app version is up to date and to no avail in syncing.  I removed my scale from the app and took out a batter to re-do setup and still is not syncing.  I followed the troubleshooting guidelines too and still nothing. Besides the trouble shooting s for wifi NOT bluetooth.  What is tech's resolve for this issue?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as every one else. I have tried everything multiple times. I will just not sync with my phone.

Best Answer

Same as everyone else. Going to return it to Target tomorrow. I got this scale because of name recognition. Looks like FitBit lost another customer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine directly from Fitbit. Now I have to pay $20 in shipping to
return it. That is ridiculous.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

Having the same problems as you all. Just going to be patient an give them time. 

Fitbit you have 6 months to fix or I too will return my Aria Air scale 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn’t work on iPhone XR something not right at Fitbit 

Best Answer

Same here: Probably tried over 100 combinations of deleting/re-installing app, on/off bluetooth, resetting/clearing scale, deleting/re-adding scale in the app, etc. Never once got it to sync weight to the app. I'll be returning tomorrow. FYI, I am also a former software technical support engineer.

Juan, you do realize it destroys your credibility to link to "canned" articles that are not applicable? (Aria WiFi scales versus this Aria Air Bluetooth scale). There are no posts in this thread that anyone ever got it working. Only two of eleven Amazon reviews report they got it working.

If it will help the developers troubleshoot, here's my app config: Samsung S10e, Android 9, Bluetooth v5.0 

Best Answer

I tried 50 combinations of deleting app uninstalling and rebooting and came to this community to see that a lot of people have the same problem.

So that's useful I guess I can stop trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returned mine today. Sick of waiting for something that may or may not happen. Very disappointed with Fitbit. I’ve been a loyal Fitbit user for years but the faulty scales have made me think twice now. Good luck to everyone else. Hope the issue gets resolved.

Best Answer
FitBit App updated over weekend so re-installed Scales
Still doesn’t work.....
WW

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Same problem here. Received the scale yesterday, updated via an iphone app to the latest version, set it up as a device but still no luck in getting a weight measurement into the app.

Everything seems to be at the latest version, so I guess, the ball is in the manufacturers' court. It would have been nice if they tested their products a bit longer before rolling them out.

I hope, there will be a fix available soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to sync my Aria Air again this morning.  I followed every step Juan recommended and tried everything customer support recommended.  Still it will not sync.  The Aria Air I received is therefore defective.  They'll try to tell you it is just an "inconvenience."  I must agree that the defective scale I received is "inconvenient."  Since my scale is defective, I returned it.  I called customer service so they could provide instructions and a paid return label. 

Best Answer

Have sent mine back today, will re purchase if a fix is ever released. 

Best Answer
Struggling to understand how hard it can be to connect to a device using Bluetooth & transfer data
Billions of cellphones etc manage this
Gotta be worried about the future if FitBit
Oh know I forgot it’s sold so the founders can retire in the sunshine

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi Peter, did you manage to get a pre paid retun label? as I've got an expensive 'just a scale' here that requires returning! Cheers, steve.

Best Answer

I just spoke with Brian in Tech Support who offered no solution and no indication as to when it's going to be fixed.  They ran me through the setup procedure a couple of times with no success.  When I asked him to exchange it for another scale, he said it wasn't possible.  It looks like Fitbit doesn't care now about putting defective products to the market and has no interest in providing fixes for them.  I'll make sure that I reflect that in my product review.  Absolutely Pathetic.  

Best Answer