Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Aria Syncing Issues - 01/07/2021

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. 

We are aware that Aria users are encountering an issue when trying to sync. Our Team is investigating the situation and we hope to bring you all back on track very soon. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We will post more information here when we have an update.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
224 REPLIES 224

Me too, I have tried everything this morning. Batteries in and out, WiFi off an on, forgetting the device and trying to connect it again. NO SYNC. it’s SO annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've woken up to the same problem as well. Almost like something has stopped the older version of the scales from syncing in general and they want us to upgrade. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Exact same thing with me

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. Read in a different post that it may be that the problem is originated by logging through the Facebook account, hence problem may be resolved by changing the login credentials. I’ll try that to see if works

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if a representative from FitBit is going to bother confirming what’s happening.

I’ve never logged in through FB.. let me know if that fixes it though 

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I don't use facebook for my login info, it's a standard email/password set up.

Seems rather coincidental that suddenly everyone is having this problem.

What scale version does everyone have?

Best Answer

Hi @lengrady  you've posted on the community forums, where you get peer to peer help on some issues. I'm sure people are working at Fitbit today, but they don't always post on the forums. You'll see a Fitbit Moderator reply to various posts, but they aren't customer support. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it would be great if FitBit would weigh in. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think I have first generation. I bought mine in like 2016 or something. Surely they can’t just stop it working so we all buy new ones?! Would have thought they’d at least give us some warning! But yes, hugely coincidental. 

Best Answer
I have Aria. I agree. Very strange that this happened, seemingly, at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im haviung exactly the same issue. I've changed the account password, the wifi signal to b, taken any special characters out of the SSID and password. Just get linking then no sync...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Maybe there has been an update??

Best Answer

These scales have always been on the brink of "breaking". . .I haven't found a good replacement that does wifi syncing to my fitbit account.  I don't want to use a bluetooth scale.  I don't weigh myself with my phone in my hand.

Best Answer

I have the same problem - seems to be a global issue and Fitbit will have to sort this out.  Has anyone seen any updates?

Is this only a certain type of Aria?  I have had mine for years so wondering if this is like Apple and it's a way to force an upgrade?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I have an Aria. I’ve had it for a long time. I’ve had to deal with sync issues before but this seems different.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I tried to speak to someone on live chat. They asked me to remove the batteries bla bla bla... I did it, it didn’t work. Still said ‘no sync’ - I went back to the chat to tell them and the chat had ended. Now all I see is this message when I try and contact someone “ Due to recent events affecting our operations, wait times are longer than usual. Visit community.fitbit.com for answers to common questions from other customers.”

What poor service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also tried more than a dozen times to reset the scale. It has worked well for the past several months and then started not working this morning. It appears that Fitbit has an issue and it would be great if they resolved it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13 , thank you for you reply and help. 

Hello @lengrady , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for sharing your experience with the Aria. 

The servers are ok, still, I notified or team to check it again. 

Do you receive any notification (icon) on the display of your scale?

If so could you describe it?

I'll be expecting your reply!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I have the same problem with an original Aria. It won't connect today with a SYNC ERROR. I keep trying to set it back up again and it gets stuck either at "WIFI ERR" or "LINKING TO". I have also rebooted my router just in case.

I'm glad it is not just me. I think something has gone wrong with the original Arias.

Best Answer
0 Votes